Chapter 1

Laila

Today is the first day back to school and I'm kind of nervous to be the new girl. I got dressed in a white top with cheetahs roaring facing each other with a black tanktop underneath, blue skinny jeans and my new red chucks. My shoulder length hair was straightened and my face bare.

I grabbed my iPhone and bookbag and headed to the kitchen to tell my mom goodbye. "I'm heading the bus stop," I yelled out to her not waiting for a response, I put my headphones in my ear as I walked to the bus stop.

"Hey is this the bus-stop to King high?" I asked a girl standing there scrolling through her phone.

"Yeah it is. Are you a freshman?" she asked. I observed her, she's Black and has thick relaxed hair below her neck, her nails are polished white and a tote bag accompanied her side.

"No, junior but I'm new" I told her. We continued to talk till the bus came, I soon found out her name is Jayden.

------

During third block I started to realize I'm a minority. There are so many white kids and hardly any black, which is the complete opposite of my old high school in Atlanta. The teacher sat my next to this tall white boy is about 6"7 in the 11th grade. The boy has dirty blonde almost brown hair that's swooped into a quiff, has these enticing greenish/blue eyes and semi tan skin.

"Hey" he said to me. I realized that I was staring at him. My face turned as red as it could get. He chuckled. "It's alright. No need to be embarrassed."

"I'm so sorry I was just in my own world." I told him.

He chuckled again. "Alec"

I smiled "Laila"

We started getting to know each other while doing our assignment about our life. I heard a bell and I thought it was time to go until Alec told me it's the lunch bell and we have to go to lunch.

"Wanna sit with my friends and I?" He asks while walking downstairs to the cafeteria.

"Uh sure." I responded. My anxiety is at an all time high, I expected to sit alone for at least a week.

When we got to the cafeteria he walked toward a round table with two black boys, a white girl, a black girl and four other white boys.

"Y'all this is Laila she's new and in my class" he introduced. "Laila this is Michael" he pointed the dark skinned black boy. "Over there is Dante" he pointed to a caramel black boy.

"Joey and Josh they're twins obviously" the two blondes waved. "Zoë, she just moved here from Germany". Alec pointed to the black girl, "Zachari,"(pronounced as Zach-Are-ee) he then pointed to two brunettes "Max and Manny are brothers"

"So where are you from Shawty" Michael who has an accent, asks me.

"Atlanta. And your from New Orleans right" I guessed.

"Yeah, that's my cousin Dante and his sister Zachari" he replied with a big white smile that made me blush.

"Oh that's cool" I could only whisper out. He's handsome, dark skin, white teeth, dimples to go along with his perfect smile.

Alec excused us and we went and got food. He got three baskets of fries while I got two basket of fries and one basket of chicken tenders and fries.

"Damn girl you can eat!" Joey days as I sit down. We all laugh and start chatting.

Maybe Florida won't be so bad.

----------------------------------------------------

This is my new story. Hopefully I can get a lot of votes and comments. Yeah the amount if reads is nice but if I have no comments I might as well not continue. No ghost readers!!!