Chapter 3- Screw up

When I walked through the front door with a Cheshire smile on my face. My mom looked at me weirdly and smirked.

"Whose got you smiling so damn big? Betta stop before your face split in half" she joked at me.

"Mom" I threw my stuff down on the floor and plopped down on the sofa. "This boy, named Alec"

"Sounds like you had a good day! Thought you wouldn't like Florida and I quote "they're lame ass people'" she laughed. My mom doesn't care if my older brother, Lance and I curse as long as it's not aimed towards her.

"He's different. He's not like us" I tried to explain to her. She looked at me as if I was sprouting two heads. "He's white mom."

"Ooh girl! You trying Vanilla ice cream now?" see this is why I love my mom. She's playful but when it comes down to business she's serious. "Do we need to have the sex talk? Cause you know them white people be humping like bunnies"

I let out a laugh and my face flushed. "No mom! Ew I just met him today for heavens sake"

"See you already loosing our Atlanta slang. 'For heavens sake' bump that lil girl you ain't white. Now pick yo ass up and take your book back and purse off my damn carpet 'for I whoop yo ass" she joked. "Oh and yo punk ass daddy told me to tell you to call him" I rolled my eyes. After my daddy broke mommas heart, she hated every part of him.

I walked upstairs into my room and the first thing I did was shower. After that I rolled my remy weave up with flexi-rods and put on gymnastics shorts and a sports bra. The only homework I got was geometry, and call me crazy but I love math. That homework was finished in less than thirty minutes.

I was about to take a nap when my phone vibrated telling me I got a kik message.

Mr. Hollister: Hey

LailaWhite: sup playboy lol

Mr. Hollister: lol wyd

LailaWhite: nothing just finished out geometry hw and was ABOUT to go to sleep until SOMEONE kik'd me.

Mr. Hollister: lmao I'm sorry! but hey help a guy out with that hw tho. 😉

LailaWhite: ugh which ones?

Mr. Hollister: #1-35

LailaWhite: Alec!!! That's all of them!

Mr. Hollister: 😂😂 I know.

LailaWhite: 🙅

Mr. Hollister: 😪 please. I'll pay you.

LailaWhite: I don't want your damn money. FaceTime me I'll help you.

Mr. Hollister: Kay babe see ya later.

-Read

I grabbed my iPad my dad bought out of guilt and unlocked it. Immediately I got a call from Alec

"Okay playboy let's get started" I told him once our connection actually.... connected.

"Laila hunny. Your hair" he told me snickering. I looked into the screen and saw I still had the flexi-rods in my head. If I wasn't dark my face would match Rihanna's old weave. I quickly took them out and the curls cascaded down my back and over my breasts.

"Wow." Alec breathed into the microphone.

I cleared my throat. "Um. What'd you get for number one?"

"Um" he looked down at his paper. "90 degrees"

"Alec, the angles of a triangle always add up to 180" I told him and he did an 'ooh yeah. Blonde moments' which I laughed at.