004

CHAPTER 5 BEGINS

🦊MAI'S POV
I was brushing the dogs on the living room floor. They don't shed but brushing them is soothing for all of us. "All done!" I pat Novas back and she stands up going in a circle to see her fur. She rubs her face against mine and I kiss her nose standing up.

"I'm hungry," I say as my stomach growls and I walk to the kitchen. I look through the cabinets and fridge but everything has to be cooked. I sigh as I walk to my room to grab a jacket and put some shoes on.

 I sigh as I walk to my room to grab a jacket and put some shoes on

I looked at myself in the mirror happy with my choice. I walk back out to the living room. I look at the dogs. "Can you both handle being off a leash?" they bark in response and I smile as I open the door and it locks behind me.

I wait for the elevator to open. When it opens I'm shocked to see Jay and Joy. "Oh!" I say surprised. Jay seems shocked as well but when he sees Vinny and Casanova he freezes. Joy drags him out of the elevator and I snicker. "See you at school tomorrow!" I say before walking in the elevator with the dogs.

-

When the convenience store little Daniel works at comes into view I smile. I walk into the store with a cheerful "Hello!" the dog's bark as well surprising little Daniel. "H-Hello!" he says with a big blush on his face. "Are dogs allowed in here?" I ask pointing to the huge white dogs on either side of me.

"Oh! They're fine!" I smile in thanks and grab a basket walking around with the dogs following. I put all types of things in the basket as I grab what looks interesting.

-

"Are you ok miss!?" I hear Daniel ask. I peek around the shelf and give him a thumbs-up as I grab another basket. "Vinny can you hold this, please." I say setting the first basket full of stuff on the floor as Vinny grabs the handle holding it in his mouth.

'I'll order a mini-fridge'

I pull my phone out going on a quick delivery website and order a nice mini-fridge. I put my phone back after I see "Purchase successful!". I hear the door open and I peek over a shelf to see Zacks three goons. I watch as the situation escalates and Zack comes in.

I stick the last few things I want in the second basket and I prepare to break up the beating Zack plans on giving little Daniel. "Hey. We're good here." Zack says grabbing more alcohol.

"Hey. Let's forgive and forget." Zack says as I start walking to the counter. "Ring this up in honor of our truce." I stare at the scene in front of me and I sigh loudly catching everyone's attention. "Zack, what the hell is wrong with you? Get a different cashier fired. I like this one!" I say as I smile sweetly at little Daniel setting my stuff down in the process.

"You can't possibly think that pig is cute!" one of the goons says. I snap my finger and the dogs start growling and getting protective. The boys back up in fear. "Hey now! There's no need to get violent!" the pointy goon says as the others nod their heads in agreement.

"Get out unless you plan on buying something that doesn't involve an ID." I say glaring at a furious Zack. Everyone stays quiet until Nova barks sending the goons running out of the place and Zack walking out. "Thank you! Y-You didn't have to do that!" Daniel says bowing. I just hum in response taking my items out of the basket. "I-I actually think my roommate knows you!" he says scanning the products.

"What's your roommate's name?" I ask as if I obviously don't know. "His name is Daniel park! We have the same name!" he finishes scanning the items and I pay with my phone grabbing the bags. "OH! I know him! He transferred the same day as me. Tell him I said Hi." I walk out of the store with a wave as I start walking back home. Out the corner of my eye, I see Zack and his goons watching me in an alley.

The dogs start walking towards the alley and I hear slight growls. "Leave it."I whisper under my breath and they return to their positions on either side of me.

🌞NEXT DAY
I found Daniel waiting for me at the place I bumped into him yesterday he looked like he was lost in thought until he saw me and smiled then we started walking together. "I saw your roommate last night!" I say looking ahead. "H-He told me you helped him. But-" he stops his sentence and acts as if he said nothing. I decide to play along and pretend I didn't hear him.

"Yeah...Zack was being a bully and trying to get him fired so I had to step in!" I say making a fist and a stupid hero pose. Daniel chuckles at my action and I laugh with him.

We seemed to have caught the hearts of many because on our way to school multiple people came up to us asking if they could get our numbers. We ended up using all types of excuses.

-

"Oh my God! Yeeesssss! I love strawberry mochi." I say as I lick my lips dreaming of it. "I actually got you some before I waited for you..." Daniel says holding out an 8 piece pack of mochi with a bright blush on his face. I gasp and hug him. "Thank you so much!!" I let him go as I grab the mochi holding his arm and opening the classroom door.

"I took a picture to ensure he stays silent." the pointy goon says holding his phone up. "What picture?" Zoe asks leaning forward on the window seal. "Stop it. You think I'm proud of hitting that pig?" Zack says obviously proud of himself.

I ignored them and kept walking but was pulled back when Daniel stopped in the doorway clenching his fist.

1040 words