038

It was dark, Mai, and her father had walked much farther than they thought. "Mom's going to kill us-" Mai was cut off when she heard Daniel yelling and saw him coming towards her in a panic. "Danny?" Mai was confused by his stressed face and the urgency in his voice. Mai's father on the other hand saw a guy running at his daughter and got in front of her on instinct. "What's going on?" her father asked as Daniel stopped in front of him, looking as if he had been running for a while.

"Someone took Enu!" Daniel said in a calm but obviously worried tone. It's like his words made something in Mai's head click.

'The 'Animal cruelty' Arc...'

"We were just about to go confront this old man in a marine uniform. A bunch of peoples pets have been found in trash bags, and It's just too much to explain!" Mai felt sick to her stomach as images of the poor abused animals in the woman's apartment came to mind. "Then what are you waiting for?! Go!" Mai pushed Daniel as she herself began to quickly rush into the building, her father right behind her, as well as her dogs.

The pungent smell of something rotting was like a punch in the face as Mai climbed the stairs to the building. "God! It smells so bad..." she covered her nose as she saw Johan standing at the gated door. Johan quickly broke open the door, not surprising Mai or her father but definitely Daniel as they all continued up the stairs. The sound of dogs came from behind a door. Johan opened it immediately, only for it to be 3 dogs. "This isn't it..." Everyone's heads turned when a loud "HEY YOU! STOP!" rang through the hall.

Johan had grabbed the old man by the collar. "Where is Eden?" he questioned threateningly, as if he was at his last bit of patience. "Johan!" I grabbed his hood. "It's not him!" I suddenly heard screams and the sounds of dogs growling and attacking something. I turned to see Vinny attacking a woman who held all three of the healing animals in her hand. My dad called off Vinny as he grabbed the woman, restraining her. "HOW DARE YOU! I HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF THEM ALL!" She snapped her head back almost biting my dad, I knew my father wouldn't hit her so i slapped the shit out of her, and she shut up seeming to be in a daze.

The men looked at me a bit stunned, but I stomped downstairs and opened the woman's door. A bunch of dogs and cats ran out, and the smell fled into the building. "Enu!? Eden!?" Both dogs I called for immediately ran into my arms. I smiled as they kissed me and were excited to see me. I looked up to see Johan and Daniel smiling at me...

_

(Skipping the Thanksgiving Arc)
🦊MAI'S POV

"Vasco being targeted?" Daniel said as I licked my ice cream.

'Isn't this that episode where the potato bull guy tries to give Vasco back his money, but everything he does is misunderstood...?'

I just shrugged my shoulders.

"I was right." I said as I finished my ice cream. Vasco and I followed the burn knuckles to some building and walked in on potato guy mid-fight. "Ok everyone! Pack it up!" I clapped my hands together as I took the bag of Money from potato dude and gave it to Vasco. Lots of words were said, but I didn't hear anything..." I'm going...to repay Brekdak's debt." Vasco handed the money to some bald dude with a scar on the left side of his face. I nodded to myself, obviously proud of Vasco.
-