033

Daniel and Crystal's little bodies were both conversing when Mai appeared with her dogs on either side of her and a large box with holes in her arms

Daniel and Crystal's little bodies were both conversing when Mai appeared with her dogs on either side of her and a large box with holes in her arms. "Daniel? Crystal?" Mai spoke as she got closer to the duo. "M-Mai! You're here!" Mai was now standing in front of the short teens and had a confused look on her face.

"Why wouldn't I be? We're both going to Vascos birthday, right?" Daniel nodded quickly and Crystal stayed quiet. "What's in the box?" Crystal finally spoke up. "A gift." Mai replied sweetly.
-
"DANIEL! MAI! YOU BOTH MADE IT!" Vasco was excited to see the two and went to hug Mai but was stopped when Mai put her hand up. "Careful! You'll hurt your gift." Mai said obviously referring to the large box in her hand. Vasco's attention went to the box and his eye lit up with excitement.

"Is that what I think it is?!" he reached for the box but Mai took a step back. "Let's go sit down with the others first. Vasco hurriedly and excitedly ran back to the others as Mai, Little Daniel, and Crystal followed. "Hello~" Mai greeted everyone then sat down putting the box in the center of the blanket.

"What's that? A bomb?" Zack said as he shivered holding himself. Mira slapped Zacks's arm and everyone began to watch as Vasco opened the box. A golden retriever pup jumped out of the box into Vasco's lap and everyone seemed surprised.

'Oh wow...this puts my gift to shame.' Everyone thought as they watched Vasco hug Mai with a tear going down his face. "Thank you! This is amazing!" Vasco let go of Mai as he picked up the puppy. Mai watched as the puppy licked his face and barked in excitement.
-
Everyone was freezing their asses off as they watched Vasco blow out his non lit candles. No one had the heart to tell Vasco they were cold and wanted to go inside...everyone except Mai.

'I'm a naturally hot-blooded person but even this is too much for me!'

"Vasco the puppy is getting cold maybe we should go inside?" Mai said as she pointed to the puppy who was currently playing with the other dogs. Vasco didn't seem to mind and everyone gathered their stuff heading inside a nearby cafe. But...

"Get inside right now!" Mai demanded as she stomped her foot. Vinny was currently refusing to enter the cafe because a squirrel was taking his attention. "Maybe we should just go back out-" Vasco started but everyone shouted. "NO!"

"There's no reason to go back outside Vasco! See...he's in...now!" Mai groaned out as she carried the 100-something-pound dog inside the building.
-
🦊MAI'S POV

I was currently on my way to try and save Jiho from his gambling addiction

I was currently on my way to try and save Jiho from his gambling addiction. "..Hey Jiho." Hearing Jihos name made me turn in the direction of the voice. "JOHN! LONG TIME NO SEE!" I walked up behind Duke and Jiho putting my hands on their shoulders.

"Jiho, Duke!" they both looked up at me surprised to see me. "Mai-" Jiho spoke but was cut off by the John guy. "Oh? Do you know her Jiho?" John looked me up and down then met my eyes before looking back at Jiho. "Could you loan me some money? ..Cuz I'm betting" he said the last part quietly and I tightened my grip on Jiho's shoulder.

"Don-!" I was going to say something but shut up anyway. I let go of Jiho's shoulder and sighed with a smile on my face. "When this comes back to bite you don't ask me for help." I motioned for Duke to follow me and he did.

"W-Wait! Wait for me! I'll get the money quickly!" I groaned as I kept walking. "He didn't listen to anything! Duke don't do what he's doing!" Duke nodded furiously.
-

"Betting? What's that?" I laid my head down as Duke answered Daniel's question and Jiho gave his two cents

"Betting? What's that?" I laid my head down as Duke answered Daniel's question and Jiho gave his two cents. "You look good even when you're tired." Zoe giggled as she sat down next to me. I laughed with her as I took in my appearance in the reflection of the glass.

"We should go shopping together when my mom gets back from her business trip." I asked Zoe and she nodded. "Oh? It's you. This is the right place." John walked through the doors. "John!" Jiho was excited to see him. Zoe and I stood up going behind the counter with little Daniel.

"Jiho- Why'd you ask me to come here of all places?" John asked. "Oh! Just cuz I planned to meet some guys I know here." Jiho answered. I rolled my eyes as I watched John stare down at Zoe and me. Daniel blocked his view and the conversation continued.

"Here. Your loan." John handed Jiho $100. Jiho was confused and surprised by the money. "A HUNDRED? B-But I only gave you 50 before!" John smiled. "Interest. I won a bit. $500." everyone was surprised but I just zoned out.

'I'm grateful that $500 is now considered change for me...Amen.'

I prayed in my head then zoned back into the conversation."IT WORKED! SO IT IS REAL!" I raised a brow at how far the conversation has come.

'How long did I zone out? We're already at this part?'

"Shall we try a ladder? It's simple, you choose either 'even' or 'odd'." I watched from a distance with Zoe and Daniel. "Jiho...pick 'odd'." I watched the evil snake smirked as he gave Jiho the answer. "It's 'odd' you were right!" I rolled my eyes again feeling them almost get stuck.

"He literally told you that he knew one of the site managers before this...why are you so surprised?" I groaned out as the word "IDIOT" float around Jiho's head. "Jiho. 'odd'. Pick 'odd' again." Jiho did as John said and was surprised yet again.

"Pick 'even', Jiho." I said as the attention turned to me. "What? Mai, don't tell me you're participating in this crap too?" Zoe whined as she gave me a worried look. "Relax I'm just having fun before this all turns to shit." I chuckled a bit as Jiho turned to a confused John.

"Yeah...pick 'even'." John watched me suspiciously and I just winked.
-
"And it pays out right away!" I switched the hand I was leaning on as I watched Jiho be amazed by the money he won. "Jiho, how does it feel..to win $1600 in 25 minutes?!" Jiho didn't say anything and just stared at the spread of money in his hands.

'Should I kick his ass?'

1109 words

I didn't grammar check this chapter so pretend I didn't mess anything up😁