007

Mai opens her eyes groaning as there seems to be more light shining in her face than usual. She turns to the other side going back to sleep quickly but the blaring sound of her alarm makes her jolt awake. "I'M AWAKE!" She falls off her bad groaning as she rubs her hurt butt.

"Meow" Mai sits up quickly at the sound of a tiny meow. She looks upon her bed to see two large kittens looking down at her. The events of last night run through her head. How she and Zack had to stand in the shower bathing the kittens while laughing and screaming when they attached to their clothes.

Mai smiled petting the kitten's head. Out of nowhere she gets hit by Vinny and falls to the ground. "VINCENT SATORI!!" Mai yells as he sits on her putting all his weight on her. She pushed him off and they started fighting. Casanova joined in and the dogs started jumping Mai. "I'M GONNA BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!!"

🦊MAI'S POV
I tie my hair up as I walk to Daniel's at our usual meeting spot. I tighten the ponytail one last time before running over to Daniel and hooking my arm around his.

"Wow they look good together"
"That girl is definitely a foreigner"
"Are all foreigners that hot!?"
"BABE! I'm right here!"
"Sorry! OW! STOP HITTING ME!"

I look around and that's when I realize I've never heard the whispers. I guess in the beginning I was so excited that I wasn't aware of everything "Mai!" I'm brought out of my thoughts by Daniel yelling my name and slightly bumping my shoulder. "Yes?! Sorry!" I say as I let go of his arm and walk off into the school.
-
'Damn'

I walked away from him like we totally aren't in the same class! "Mira...where are you studying for the exam?" a classmate asks catching my attention.

'This is the part where Mira and Zack go to the library'

I stand up from my desk slowly making it to Mira as I let the conversation between her and Zack flow. "I won't fight. I promise." I grab Mira's hand catching her attention as I move around her walking over to Zack. "Yeah. Mira let's go to the library and study together!" I say as I bring her closer to me by pulling her hand as I stand next to Zack holding his arm close to my chest.

'Flirty Fox!' thought many of the students as they watched the scene in front of them.

📚LIBRARY TIME
I looked at myself in the mirror one last time. My feet were suffocating due to the skin-colored tights I wore to cover my tattoos and the white socks I had on. "Fuck it" I take my shoes and socks off then I slide the tights off as well. I then put my shoes back on and looked at myself.

None of my tattoos even showed so I was worried for nothing

None of my tattoos even showed so I was worried for nothing. I scoffed at my stupidity and walked out my room slamming the door shut. "Kitties!" I yell from the front door. The dogs sit up from the couch watching as the cats drift around the corner sliding into my ankles.

"Well that was some entrance. Let's go!" I hold out my arm and they both jump on it climbing on my shoulder. They randomly started doing that after their first bath and I just kept using it.

🐱PET STOP
I hand the kitties to the groomers and wave bye as I leave out the automatic doors now heading to the library with 8 minutes left.

📚LIBRARY
I saw both Zack and Mira outside the library waiting for me. "Zack! Mira! Hope I'm not too late!" I say getting close to them. They seemed star-struck and I just laughed grabbing Mira's hand. "Hurry before all the spots get full!"

-

"Miraaa! We've been doing this for an hour now. Aren't you hungry?" I say with my head on the desk starting up at her. She looks at her phone then sighs. "All right. I'll text Zack and we can go get something."

I was walking on my phone next to Mira while she was talking to Zack when I felt someone staring at me. I looked up to see one of the guys from the hang out with the flat-chested girl. I put my phone in my purse as I prepare for the events about to unfold. "Mai!" I get pulled out of my thoughts by Zack calling my name.

"What happened?!" I say. "We got you a coke and some chips," Mira says pointing to the items on the table. I say my thanks as I sit down next to Mira and Zack goes outside. I watch as Mira watches him while smiling. I look over her shoulder to see Zack hiding his cigarette and giving little Daniels mom directions.

"You like him don't you?" I ask taking a sip of the coke which I regretted because I prefer sprite. "W-What?! No, I don't!" she says flustered. I grab her hand to calm her down reassuring her that I was "joking". Even then she kept blushing and gripped my hand a bit tighter. While we were talking I hid my hands behind my back tossing the coke and hearing it land in the trash.

Zack comes back in and now he asks us what we want. He walked to the counter asking for three sprites. I was angry that I wasted a drink when no one else even got a drink. "Mira I'm going to head to the bathroom real quick." I say sliding my hand out of her grip and telling her I would be back.

I find the bathroom quickly and I pull my vape out of my bag(DONT SMOKE KIDS). I take a puff letting out a large cloud.

This was an unhealthy habit I picked up in my past life and I found myself craving it two nights ago.

'I'll quit tomorrow...'

I take another puff sticking it back in my bag and I ghost it as I walk out of the bathroom. I get a text from Mira.

🐰MIRA
Are you ok?
We're going back to the study rooms.
Be safe!

ME
I'm coming back now!
Sorry, there was a long line that's why it took me so long!

I stick my phone back in my purse as I walk back to the girl's study room. I found Mira immediately and sat down in my original spot as I got back to work helping her with Math.

1105 words