Chapter 31

The photo is an inside joke with a friend so if you don't know the meme, I hope you don't mind! Thanks for reading anyway, it's amazing how much support this is getting! :) <3

-

In the cab back to his flat, Pete kept kissing my neck and I swear, he had aleady left some marks. He also wouldn't stop whispering things into my ear that made me wish we'd arrive sooner. "Stop it, we're almost there" I mumbled in frustration, moving his hand away from my leg. His lips were attached to the skin on my neck again and I bit my lip. "Then don't look at me that way" he said quietly and his hand was at my inner thigh again, I tensed up and pressed my lips together, hoping the cab driver wouldn't kick us out. It took a few more seconds until I couldn't take it anymore. I dropped my head onto his shoulder and hid my face in my hair. "When we get to your place you can do anything you want but please just stop right now" I flipped and Pete looked up, expecting me to look at him but I kept my face buried at his shoulder so he slowly liften up by head by my chin. "I'll remember that" he chuckled, looking at me with a smug smile. I shook my head, already regretting I had let that slip out.

When we finally arrived, Pete paid the cab driver a bit too much but practically dragged me out of the car. He grabbed my hand and I stumbled after him into the apartment building. "Wait" I demanded and he slowed down by the elevator, pressing the button and waiting, his hand finding his way into my hair and he pulled me close, kissing me almost posssessively. "You know, this is why William bothered me" he said on my lips and I nodded. "Yeah, I get it" I said, already out of breath, kissing him back until the elevator doors opened. I was just about to pull away when Pete kept our lips connected and just moved us slowly into the lift, pressing me up against the wall. I bit his lip and ran my fingers through his hair, pulling at it slightly when I felt his hand going down in my jeans. The doors opened again and I pulled him forward this time, forcing him to take his hand out of my pants.

We came around the corner and instead of the door to Pete's apartment that was waiting to be shut from inside, we saw Gabe leaning against it, sitting on the ground. As soon as he spotted us, he jumped and stood up. "Guys! What's up?" he asked, his eyes wandering down to our hands. "Oooo, what do I see there?" he grinned. I smiled fakely but Pete didn't even bother. "What are you doing here?" he asked in confusion and it was clear that he was really frustrated. "I decided to surprise you guys and I was bored, wait, fuck, Charlie, what happened to you?" he interrupted himself, pointing at my forehead. Pete took his hand out of mine and walked past Gabe, opening the door and obviously accepting that we wouldn't get to do anything right now. We walked past him, into the apartment.

"We had a car accident" I said to Gabe when we sat down on the sofa. Gabe's eyes widened, then looking at Pete. "And why didn't you tell me?" "I didn't want to upset anybody or make them worry. We're fine now" Pete said and walked into the kitchen. I nodded in confirmation but at the same time took one of the painkillers from the table. Gabe shook his head in disbelief. "So much happens and you two tell me nothing!" he exclaimed and pouted. "I am so offended." I patted his shoulder. "I'm sorry, Gabey." He looked up at me. "Are you okay? Is the baby okay?" I nodded. "Yeah, like Pete said, everything's fine." "And you're back together? Since when?" I looked up at the clock. "About an hour." Gabe laughed. "Really?" "Yeah so you haven't really missed anything." "I kinda thought you guys would take me in." "I guess." Hemingway hopped onto Gabe's lap and he started cuddling him. "Gabe's staying" I said, loud enough for Pete to hear. "Are you sure?" Pete asked, raising his eyebrows at Gabe. "Oh, come on! I'll come to work tomorrow and help." "There's nothing for you to help with" Pete replied. Gabe shook his head, smirking. "I still need to stay here so guess what" he said and crossed his arms in front of his chest like a child, sticking out his tongue. "I can throw you out, guess what" Pete countered and sat down next to Gabe, gently smacking the back of his head.

Pete turned on the TV and ordered some pizza and we spent the night watching a movie and then some stand-up comedy after that Pete and Gabe found absolutely hilarious but I didn't like so much. At one point, I just ended up falling asleep with my head in Pete's lap as he was playing with my hair.

-

When I woke up, I was still on the sofa but Pete and Gabe were gone. I heard dishes being pushed around the kitchen and sat up in confusion, my head felt heavy and I reached out for the painkiller medication on the table immediately, dowing it with the bottle of water from last night. Then I removed the blanket from myself and ran my fingers through my hair, making my way to the kitchen where Gabe was fighting with the coffee machine. I grinned and made myself some tea instead, watching him struggle. "I don't need help, no, thank you" Gabe said sarcastically and I just winked. "I'm sorry, I have never used that before. Where's Pete?" "Shower" Gabe replied. I nodded and now that I paid attention to it, I heard the water running in the bathroom. "He told me to tell you that we're leaving to the headquarters at around 2." I nodded slowly. "What time is it now?" "12:30." "Alright."

I went into the hallway and saw Pete coming out of the bathroom with just a towel around his waist. Before he could even walk past me, I pushed him into the room backwards and shut the door. I was confused at first but then smirked and backed me up against the door, pinning my hands above my head and kissing me. "Morning" he said and smiled on my lips. I smiled too, letting my hands run over his chest. He pulled away and locked my eyes. "Gabe is such a dick, isn't he?" I laughed quietly. "Yeah, he is." He pressed his lips on mine again, kissing me harder this time. After a few more seconds, I pushed him away gently with my hand on his chest. "I actually need to get ready" I grinned. "Oh, you're kidding" he pouted. I laughed and pulled my shirt over my head and dropped my jeans so I was left in underwear. "Well, that's more like it" he smirked smugly. I rolled my eyes. "Can you get out? I need to shower." Now he rolled his eyes. "There's nothing that I haven't seen before, Miller."

Suddenly, I realised that maybe now it wouldn't be so weird to ask him what had happened in Denver. "Can I ask you something?" I asked him but caught him staring. "Oh, seriously?" I laughed. "Ask me anything." "You know that night in Denver, I was very ... um ... ho-..." "Horny?" he asked. I raised my eyebrows, crossing my arms in front of my chest. "I was going to say hormonal but that works" I admitted because now that we were slowly getting back together, I didn't mind so much and I just wanted it out of the way, I had to know. "What about that night?" he asked. "What happened?" He stared at me in confusion. "When?" "I only remember being so tired and then something ... and I'm not sure if I dreamt that or if it was reality." "And what was that?" "Just tell me what happened" I said, starting to get nervous. He grinned. "Nothing happened." "Alright" I said and turned away, disappointed but also relieved. "Wait, Miller, tell me what you thought happened." "Nothing, I just wasn't sure." "Miller." I shook my head and just dropped my bra and stepped out of my panties to distract him because I didn't want to admit it now. He stared at me but when I climbed into the shower and closed it, giving him a stare that showed him that I needed time alone now, he exited the bathroom. We'd have enough time once Gabe left to do something else and right now, I was just very afraid that I'd have to throw up because it felt like it was still early in the morning and I needed a shower to properly wake up.