Chapter 3

It was really a stupid idea to leave my mate in the woods last night because when I woke up this morning mom called and told me that there was an emergency at the house and that I needed to go home as soon as possible, she even hung up the phone without letting me say a word.

It was about 7:30am when I got mom's call. I worriedly went to wake Adrian in his room and told him to pack up his messy things for us to leave sooner, he didn't ask anything and woke up Connor who was sleeping on the floor, drunk from last night.

When we were ready to leave, I found Alpha Albert right on time and informed him about us leaving. He thanked me as I got inside the car with Adrian at the driver's seat.

I already sensed something wrong with mom when she said about the 'emergency' and I wish it should be worth leaving my mate.

The whole two-hour trip was silent as me and my wolf would complain about leaving our mate behind without even knowing what he looked like in his human form or what pack he was from.

"Hey, Adrian, found your mate yet?" Connor asked which caught my attention.

"not yet, but I'm not in a rush, I just turned 20 so I'm not as old as alpha granny here who is still mateless" Adrian replied with a stupid grin

make him shut up or I'll break that stupid face of his.

"Shut up!" I growled

They seemed to notice my edgey mood and both of them went silent the entire ride.

After Adrian stopped the car in front of our house, I went rushing to the front door when a familiar person opened it.

"Surprise!" Clara, my best friend, - close to a sister - shouted as she hugged me tight. My best friend since I can remember, finally arrived from her training as our pack doctor. She stayed in another pack with her uncle to train her. Sadly we didn't meet each other for the past four years since she wasn't allowed by her uncle to visit, even though they were just a few hours away. I missed her so much.

"when did you arrive?"

"last night!"

I faced mom and dad who were standing behind Clara with a perfectly good condition.

"is this the emergency you were saying, mom?" I asked looking mad.

"aren't you happy Clara surprised you?"

"I am, but I just left my mate so that I could come here as soon as possible like you said" I said as I rolled my eyes.

Mom and dad looked shocked, then mom gave me a huge hug.

"Who is he?, what did he look like?, have you mated with him?! you know you shouldn't! will I have grandpups soon?!" mom and dad asked alternatively.

"Of course not. But I remember something you said. That when you found dad, some of your memories were shared. And that you knew who he was immediately. It wasn't the case for me. We didn't share memories at all. Not a single thing."

"Don't worry. It may be different from each one of us." Mom assured.

Clara went with me to my room where she told me everything that happened during her four-year stay, she also told me that she found her mate when she visited a pack and that her mate was newly titled as Alpha when she rejected him.

"why did you reject him?" I asked.

"I thought my life was perfect without him, but I already regret my decisions. I wish I would see him again. I want to let him know that I regret every decision I made, I want him back."

"I'm sorry to hear that, if only I could do something about it, I would. I promise to do whatever I can to help you get him back." Seeing her hurt made me feel bad, I don't want her to be in pain, she was one of the persons I had close to a sibling.

...

I sat on my office planning on when will I revisit Albert's pack to meet my mate. I glanced at the clock on the wall, it was already 5 pm and I began to finish the paperwork I had left.

If only I had my mate beside me this would be easier.

I was about to finish my work when I heard Adrian's voice through mind link.

"Skyler, our pack warriors spotted the Bennet pack's Alpha and a few of their pack warriors, they didn't attack and said that their Alpha was looking for his mate and didn't want a fight, but one of our warriors attacked which made them fight back. We're at the eastern border holding them off. They have tons of pack warriors and if this won't be settled a lot of our members would be hurt."

"I'm on my way"

I took my clothes off and shift into my wolf. As I reached the border I could see the large number of wolves from the Bennet pack attack my warriors.

It was already chaos as I went into the crowd looking for their Alpha. As I went farther outside the border, I noticed the enemy wolves would just glance at me and bow there heads even though I was clearly enemy from their perspective.

As I searched the area I could smell the beautiful scent my mate had. I followed his scent when a wolf pounced at me, he pinned me to the ground but was stopped by a menacing growl.

I stood up and faced the person who growled standing behind the tree. He only wore boxers and my eyes trailed from under his chest and up to his eyes.

When my eyes met his blue ones, I recognized him, he was the black wolf from the forest.

I went behind a tree to shift and wore the clothes handed to me by a warrior.

I stood on my place as he closed the gap between us. His scent was not as strong as I thought, but it was there and I found myself inhaling it. I could see the crowd began to become silent as all of them were looking at me and my mate, it was then when I realized he's the Bennet pack's Alpha. Jacob Bennet.