Chapter 13

One more day until I get to see Jacob. I missed him so much that I feel lonely and empty no matter what I do. Training pack members might distract me and consume time, so I headed to the training grounds.

"Good morning alpha." They greeted as I entered. The trainers taught the children as I watched, my hands crossed on my chest. The youngest in training was an eight year old boy, the oldest seemed to be more than thirteen years old.

"Aren't you a little old to be here?" I asked the oldest girl.

"I still don't have my wolf yet, alpha." She lowered her head as she spoke.

"Look at me when I'm talking. You must be new here." She jolted and faced me before she apologized.

"Yes. My family moved here three weeks ago." She answered. Although it would appear that she was calm, I could hear her heart beat so fast.

"Your family? That's odd. Why?" Normally only a single person would transfer to another pack for a mate or any personal reason, but not an entire family. Families who leave a pack have either done a crime, banished, or wasn't in a good relationship with the pack. And wolves always have the best bonds when it comes to families and their pack.

"We heard the rumors about this pack, so we immediately fell in love and felt like this is where we belong." Her eyes roamed around, avoiding eye contact. I felt uneasy with her.

"And what rumor did you hear?" I raised my eyebrow at her.

"About how you don't have omegas, and that the high ranking wolves don't have servants. And the strong warriors you have too."

I scanned her from bottom to top before I spotted scars and small bruises hidden behind the straps of her bra. "Care to tell me your name?"

"Oh, forgive me for not introducing myself alpha. My name's Gabrielle Smith, I'm sixteen years old."

"And which pack are you from?"

She was quite hesitant to answer at first, before I showed her a bit of my impatience. "Fr-from the Beckum pack, alpha."

"Alpha Shawn Beckum's pack, right?" I asked. After nodding her head, I excused myself and went to my beta's office.

"Smith family, the one that recently moved here. Check their papers and tell me all the information." Pushing the door open, I sat on the couch in his office.

"Just a moment." He opened a drawer where the files of the pack members are kept.

"Paul Smith, forty six years old, former trainer at his old pack. Good at fighting and has good leadership. His temporary role in this pack is a night guard, it will be permanent after you sign the papers, unless you give him a different duty."

"His wife, Renny Smith, also forty six, the most trusted person of the luna of Beckum pack. Loyal, is what's written on her description. She assists the people assigned for keeping the hunts in the area under control as her role in this pack."

"Wife? Not mate? So it's not a natural bond." I mumbled.

"And lastly, their only child, a girl named Gabrielle Smith, sixteenth years old. That's all. Other details like their height and weight is also in here. Want me to read those for you too?" He offered.

"No thank you, that's all I need. Does their forms have the official symbol of their former pack?" My eyes trailed everywhere as I thought.

"Yes. What is this all about?"

"Connect me to alpha Shawn Beckum's office please." He dialed on the telephone and handed it to me.

"Hello, Shawn Beckum speaking." He spoke in jolly manner.