Chapter 8

Because of Clark and Jacob racing each other, we arrived at the pack at exactly a little early, even though the pack is forty minutes away from the mall. I hoped Andrea was done with the doctor as Clark bolted through the door. He hugged her like he was gone for a week.

Entering inside the house, Jacob invited Clark to have a little spar at the training grounds. He needed something to cool off his mind and a spar would do. I waved at them while Andrea was tugging me towards their room after . She locked the doors, took a piece of photo in her pocket, and showed it to me. I hugged her.

"Congratulations!"

"Thank you" she replied, with teardrops on her cheeks. "when will you tell him?" I asked, feeling excited and happy for the both of them.

"During my ceremony. The doctors said I would still be able to shift during that time since I'm two weeks pregnant, but I should be careful."

"I'm so happy for you!"

The ceremony will be happening tomorrow so I helped Clark and his crew for the preparations while Jacob had to go to his pack to deal with a minor problem. Climbing the ladder, I held on a blue ribbon to tie it onto the branches of the trees. I twirled the ribbons around the branch when something hairy touched my arm, I turned to see a huge spider crawling. I screamed and lost my balance on the ladder, hitting my head on the ground.

"Sky! are you okay?" I didn't turn to look at the familiar voice, Jacob held my hand and checked my head for any injuries. "Im fine." He touched the part where my head had hit a small rock. "Clearly you're not, it's bleeding. I'm taking you to the pack doctor." he said, carrying me in his arms. "I'm fine, it's already healed put me down!" I struggled under his grip and finally escaped his hold, unfortunately I fell again. I expected my face to hit the ground, but it never happened, he already caught me. "Stop being stubborn, your wolf should save it's energy on healing you when it's needed." He carried me again, this time, I didn't argue, loving the feeling of our close contact. I leaned closer to his chest, hearing his steady breathing.

"I thought you went to your pack?" I asked as he placed me at the hospital bed. Though we were just there to sit while I clean blood as it was useless to ask for a doctor when my head instantly healed "I got back as soon as I can, if I didn't show up earlier, you would have a dripping head until I came." I rolled my eyes at him being overdramatic. He took my hand and we both thanked the pack doctor . Walking silently, I heard him chuckle. "is there something funny?" I furrowed my brows.

He faced me "I find it funny how a hotheaded alpha like you is scared of spiders" he laughed as I looked down in embarrassment. "You saw that? it's not my fault it has those eight ugly eyes staring at me! and I'm not hotheaded!" I folded my arms. "Don't worry, I'll protect you." He flashed his signature smile that gives me butterflies. "Now, tomorrow will be our last day with Andrea and Clark, let's make it memorable" He added.

I picked up the ladder from earlier and Jacob was the one to climb, while handing him the ribbon, I scan the area for any sign of ugly spiders. Just the thought of it gives me chills. We continued to help the crew until sunset. Kids both in wolf and human form had helped too, some played while others did both at the same time. I felt someone tug my shirt, I looked down to see a cute little boy grinning, he looked around 4 years old. "H-hi, I bwought you some fwowers" he said, trying his best to pronounce the letter 'r' correctly. I accepted his dandelion and kneeled so that I could face him at eye level. "Thank you. What's your name?" I playfully rubbed his brown hair. He giggled "Hawry. What's youws?"

I picked him up with both of my arms. "What a nice name Harry, my name is Skyler, you can call me Sky."

"One day I'll become stwong just like alpha Clawk! I will fight bad wolves!" He gleefully said, raising his hands.

"Harry! there you are!" A brown haired woman shouted. She opened her arms as I put harry down. They both hugged each other. "I'm sorry alpha Skyler, did he bother you? He always escapes my sight." she said lowering her head with an apologetic look. "Don't be sorry. Harry was just giving me a dandelion. I'm Skyler, even though you already know me I just want to formally introduce myself, you are?" I asked offering a handshake.

She smiled. "I'm Jen, I see you and my son already know each other?" she giggled just the same way little Harry does. "It was nice to meet you alpha Skyler, but Harry and I have an unfinished business" She looked at Harry playfully. "Please just call me Skyler. It was nice meeting you two, I hope I get to see little harry again."

"Bye bye Skywer!" Harry waved as they walked away. I waved at him one last time until they disappeared into the busy pack.

"Enjoying with kids that much are we?" Jacob smiled, stepping beside me. I smiled, looking up into his blue orbs.

I felt my wolf ask for a run and I agreed. I haven't shifted in at least a few days and it's become unusual for my body. "Do you mind if I have a quick run?" I asked Jacob. " No I don't, why would I? Anything you want will be given. Do you want me to join you?" I kissed his cheek. "I'm good, you should rest, you might be tired." He gave me a quick peck in the lips before nodding.

I approached the empty part of the forest and started to take my clothes off. Hanging my clothes at a branch, I shifted and ran around the perimeter to secure the pack, even though there are guards on duty. The wind brushed through my thick fur as I sprinted past trees. I spent almost an hour of running and chasing rodents until I was satisfied. Climbing on a boulder, I layed down breathing heavily, staring up at the bright twinkling stars.