Chapter 15

My eyes felt heavy as I slowly opened them. Multiple lights were above me, stinging my eyes as I look at them. There was something that made me feel like I've forgotten something or that something was gone, even though my head was still blank. All I knew that I was still in my wolf form after I woke up.

A lot of questions were in my head now. Where I was or what had happened were yet to be answered. It was just now that I remembered the last thing that happened to me. I quickly sat up and what I saw in front of me gave me the urge to kill. Jacob was kissing Clara.

My teeth bared as I growled with a dry mouth. "Shameless of you two to do it in front of me." Their heads twisted quickly while they both jolted. I felt a painful ache on my front as I got off the bed, it was a large wound that was deep. It was not healing, not even at the rate of a weak wolf. My left front leg hurt so bad that I could only walk with three good limbs as I limped. Even with the pain on my wound, I slammed the door open to get out of whoever's room I was. I'll only break one of their bones at the very least if I stayed longer.

I walked out and a lot of people looked from my direction. The nurses and everyone else bowed, no one approached me for a conversation as they seem to feel my anger. "Wait. Let's talk." A hand was placed on my back and my skin crawled in disgust at the touch. My paws dug and scratched the hard ground before leaping. I stepped on his neck and growled as threateningly as I could. He cowered under my paw and the hospital fell completely silent. "Don't come near me, let alone touch me when you're both at my mercy."

My paw let go of him as I walked away. He didn't try to follow me and lied there. The bond was gone. I couldn't feel it anymore. I didn't feel any pain at all. Just anger, that I was betrayed. I don't care that he's no longer my mate, I even feel a bit thankful. It's just the thought that someone would dare do that to me is making my chest rage with hate.

There was a something I wanted to find. I don't know why I have this feeling, but it urges me to go out somewhere. Somewhere far away from this place.

On my way out, my parents, together with Dalton and my beta and gamma, ran towards me. Dad's eyes were on the verge of crying as they approached. "Sky! You're finally awake!" They all hugged my wolf tightly as if I had been away for a long time. But I am in no mood for any affection right now, and I moved away from them to find something I don't even know. Only anger that wouldn't seem to extinguish any minute was what I have at this moment.

"Where are you going? Sky, you're still in recovery. Where's Jacob?" Adrian asked. My eyes were blood red as I bared my fangs at him "Don't ever mention that bastard's name." He and his wolf cowered in submission, not wanting to know more. "What's going on? what did she say to you?" Dad asked in confusion as to why Adrian was cowering from what I had said through mind link. I left without looking back or answering my dad.

Finally, I had gotten out of the hospital. Outside was gloomy and dark as the rain poured lightly, as if the skies knew that it wasn't a good day either. I ran outside my pack and went to somewhere far away. My heart hoped to go to the forest filled with abundant amounts of prey. It's at least a mile deeper in the woods. There, I could stay as long as I'd desire even without clothes. A food to hunt and a water to drink is just what's needed.

It's been six days since I left, each day I would go farther and farther away from the pack. I blocked everyone from our mind link and never had contact since. I've thought of going home. It was bad of me to leave my responsibilities as Alpha. But there is something that tells me to stay a bit longer. I'll stay for three more days and after that I promised myself to go home.

The next day I found myself leaving the forest and heading to the nearest road. I wished to walk on the side of the road as a new way to pass the time. Even until now, my leg was still limping from the wound. I don't know why it hasn't healed yet when it already should have.