Chapter 11

" So have you found your mate yet?" Mom asked. All of us sat on the bed as we watched Charles asleep.

Just then I remembered about Jacob. He must've been bored waiting for more than three hours.

"I have. He's at the pack house so I'll be right back." I closed the door and jogged towards the building beside our house.

"Jacob I'm so sorry I forgot about you. I was supposed to introduce you to my parents earlier. Are you good right there? I'm on my way."

"I can't talk right now. I'm having some serious business with your beta." Jacob immediately cut off our link and I ran towards the pack house with worry. I hope they aren't fighting.

I slammed the door open. Pack members flinched at the sudden sound and looked at me surprised. "Where is Alpha Bennet?"

"Second floor entertainment room, Alpha"

"Thank you"

Yells could be heard from the stairs I'm in, and I hurried even more.

"GO AHEAD! KILL HIM!" Adrian's voice escaped through the closed door.

I opened the door, breaking the knob through the process. My shoulder leaned against the door as I catch my breathe. Jacob came to me worried, while holding a controller in his hand.

Adrian sat on the couch playing, perfectly fine. The room was clean and there was no sign of a fight. Jacob didn't have bruises or cuts either.

"I thought you two were fighting. And the serious business you meant was playing a game?" I drank a glass of water Jacob handled me and I felt like talking to a wall for almost half an hour as he focused himself on the television while pressing the buttons rapidly.

"Awesome! Didn't know you play Call of Duty. I mean, most alphas don't have time for games right?" Adrians and Jacob fist bumped each other like close friends.

"Are you two done now?" My face was grumpy. Jacob ignored all of my questions earlier and Adrian left his paperwork to play games.

"Sky! You're here? I just took a break you know heheh. Gotta go." He ran out, knowing I hate it when he neglects his duties.

I heard a rumble from Jacob's stomach and faced him. "No one offered you food here? I told them to treat guests properly. I'll talk to them later."

"No they were very kind actually. I just didn't want to be disturbed. And I wanted to eat with you."

"I'm so sorry! I really forgot about you."

"No need to apologize. I'm glad you spent time with your family, which I would meet soon right?" He had excitement in his eyes as he looked at me.

"Let's go then" I held his hand and led him to the house's kitchen to prepare his meal.

"Sit while you wait. I'll be right back."

"Wouldn't it be nice if your parents knew I was here first before eating? I don't want them to think I'm rude or anything."

"Okay but let's be quick. I feel bad that you're hungry because of me." We both walked upstairs and stood in front of the room Charles used. Softly, I knocked on the door and opened it as silently as I could. Jacob waited outside the room while I peeped half of my body inside.

"Yes? Do you want me to get you something?" Dalton sweetly asked. I rolled my eyes at him and spoke to my parents.

"I want you to meet someone." Mom's eyes widened together with her grin as she tilted her head to look what's behind me. "Your mate! Oh let him in already."

Dad, on the other hand, stood up from the bed and straightened his posture.

I breathed in, hoping dad wouldn't do something I won't like.

I faced Jacob and held his hand. Slowly I walked inside the room, pulling Jacob inside while everyone was tilting their heads to see who my mate was.

Jacob stood beside me as I introduced him in a low voice to not wake up Charles. "Mom, Dad, Laurel, and.. the rest, this is my mate, Jacob Bennet." Mom hugged him and smiled.

"Jacob, this is my mom, that's my brother Dalton, and his mate, Laurel. The little boy sleeping is their son." I saved dad for last as the look on his face was unreadable. He only looked at Jacob, judging him. "And this is my dad."

"It's nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Anderson." Jacob shook hands with them. "Dalton and Laurel. Nice to meet you"

"Jacob." I looked at dad in surprise as he hugged Jacob. "Don't you dare hurt her." He whispered and patted his back. "Welcome to the family." I sighed in relief.

"I know this is a lovely moment, but as a hospitable alpha, I should treat my hungry guest with food first. So we'll be at the dining room." Our hands held each other as we exited the room.

...
The air whistled together with the howls of the people. Chirping birds flew by as I brought Jacob to a little tour around my pack.
"Alpha! I'm sorry to bother you, but you're the only one I saw first. One of our dogs got away from the border. I'm afraid he'll be dinner if no one finds him soon." Zera came rushing to me out of breath.

"Who was it?"

"I... I don't know Alpha. They still look the same to me."

I sighed. "Didn't I tell you to learn how to identify them? Just give me his collar or anything that has his scent."

She took a wet, ripped handkerchief from her pocket. "He doesn't like me I guess."

I shifted and sniffed the handkerchief. Bandit. The scent belonged to one of our dogs named Bandit. Jacob was behind me as I followed the trail of Bandit's scent outside the border.

After running around near the border, Jacob and I decided to split up as the scent was scattered around the plants, making it harder for me to find Bandit.

I howled and after the third time, Bandit responded. I sprinted towards the source of his voice. He was near the creak far from our pack, running around and chasing rodents.

I shifted near him and wore my clothes. "Bandit, come here boy." Bandit ran towards me, jumping and waiting to play. "Sit." Bandit only sat for a second before he started to zoom around the area. "Bandit! Come here!" I started to chase him bare foot until he finally got tired and drank water from the creak where I caught him and held onto his collar. Jacob's wolf came on time holding his clothes and a leash on its mouth.

We arrived at the pack holding Bandit's lead as he pulled hard. "Thank you Alpha." Zera bowed and took Bandit.

"This is my second chase for today, make sure you won't make it three."

"Yes Alpha."

I felt tired after a long trip and a chase. "Let's rest at the house. I'm sure you're tired too." Jacob nodded and held my hand as we walked towards the house. Charles came running when we went inside the living room. "Sky! Dad said you've found your mate!" I lifted Charles and chuckled at him. "Yes, meet Jacob, my mate."

"Hi Jacob! I'm Charles." Charles enthusiastically said. "Make me fly!" I handed Charles to Jacob and he starts to lift Charles in the air up and down. "Weeee" Charles giggled as Jacob and I took turns on lifting him up.

After almost an hour of playing around, we found ourselves sleeping on the couch. My head rested on Jacob's chest while I held Charles on my arms.