Chapter 18

"I'll love you as much as I did to Tofu, but you can't replace her okay?" I talked to the dog. It was a girl too. "I got a glimpse of your past with Tofu, and asked your dad questions as well. I disagreed many times because I don't know exactly how you'd feel about this, but mom insisted to get you a dog after telling her about you and Tofu." Looking apologetic, Kyro's gaze avoided mine. Suddenly, his eyes grew wide. He took the torn pair of pink shoes before shoving it outside. "Are you guys home?" Willow excitedly asked, her voice coming from somewhere upstairs. Kyro jumped a bit and closed the door. "Remind me to hide those later." He whispered to my ear before putting on a smile and greeting Willow. I remained quiet and slowly put things into place. How would their little sister feel when she finds out about the shoe? But more importantly, will she ever find out? I know Kyro doesn't have any plan on telling her and plans on making a cover up story. I could feel the worry he felt when he saw those shoes, he must be worried that Willow would be sad but lying to her isn't a solution. I don't want him to do that, but that secret isn't mine to tell.

"Hey Enzo, your brother's home." Willow knocked on Enzo's door. Their footsteps seemed to be racing as Enzo and Willow descended, followed quickly by Kenza on the way. "Has anyone seen Shrek? I've been looking for it for an hour already." Enzo asked the two girls. "You lost it?" Willow sounded coldly, almost as if she expected it.

"Is this what you're looking for?" I lifted the puppy as they finally got to us. "Y-yes" Enzo replied while exchanging looks of horror from Kyro.

I woke up from the loud banging of doors. Kyro woke up as well and we ran together to check what was happening downstairs. On our way, Enzo groggily got out of his room looking as confused as we were. "Who did this to my shoe!" Willow's voice engulfed my ears as another loud bang of a door being slammed echoed along the house. Kyro and Enzo exchanged looks again. "I'm dead." Enzo whined as he went downstairs ahead of us. "please calm down and we will talk about this."

I quickly followed Kyro down the stairs to see an angry Willow, holding the torn shoe from last night in a tight grip. "Is it one of dad's gifts?" Kyro asked to which Enzo abruptly moved his head to say no. "Worse. She bought it herself."

"Willow." I mumbled as I faced her with her right eye glowing red while the other tries to overpower her gray one. She clenched her jaws as she glared at Enzo. "Calm down or your wolf would take over again." Enzo said.

"It's your fault!" Willow yelled in anger after slamming the door close. "Tsk, it always is." She turned her head away scoffing and mumbling to herself in anger. Her eyes glanced my way a few times before she bit her inner lip and clenched her jaws in an attempt to not throw her already torn shoe.

"Willow that's enough. We'll settle this after you calm down." Kyro gently suggested. "You think this can easily be talked over? This isn't something I got so effortlessly. My shoes are damaged so I can't be calm!" She yelled, her voice slowly forming a rougher tone, telling us that she is accompanied by her wolf. "You can buy that again." Kenza joined, speaking to her calmly as well. She must've woken up by the noise, otherwise she wouldn't have been yawning multiple times. "No I can't! It's limited edition! I waited for hours just to get that. And you just got it ripped because you didn't pay attention to a damn dog!" Yelled Willow in a deep raspy voice, both her eyes turned completely red. Her wolf had taken over, baring claws that tried to scratch Enzo. It's very clear that she has trouble containing her wolf and I wonder if this is the usual case for her. Controlling your lycan would be hardest at this age. Being a teenaged girl is already a challenge for a werewolf, let alone a teenager that bears a lycan.

She took a black shoe from the shoe rack and glared at her brother. "Don't you dare." Enzo warned. I watched in silence, thinking if I should remain quiet or stop them for creating a bigger ruckus. I don't want to see Kyro's siblings fight, knowing very well how it felt fighting a sibling and not being on good terms for a long time.