9

"Luisa, Hermosa I should've given this to you a while ago." She placed a note and fabric in my hands "what is it?" She sighed "something I ruined for you. Something I shouldn't have been so scared about. Something that may mean the world to you." I recognized the smell of the fabric when I rubbed it on my face. It smelt like Y/n.

"I went and spoke to her the night she packed. The Night you guys fought." She sat down on the edge of my bed "I realized everything I did was wrong, but not all of it was me. I went to talk to her that night and give her the chance of staying here and...loving you, but she had it set in stone that she would return home somewhere else in this world and not return for a few years."

The Night of the fight:

"Your right my beautiful granddaughter is a Madrigal, but she loves you for who you are Y/n, so that doesn't make you a no one. Tonight as I listened to you two argue I realized that I am scared of losing her to you and I am scared of something different thats why I wanted to drive you away." You looked at her "let me guess you're here to tell me I need to leave because I hurt her feelings? Or are you here telling me you changed your mind about me because you realized Luisa thinks I'm the best thing in the world?" Your words were lined with venom

"I do not want to drive you out of Encanto Y/n and I am not here to tell you I changed my mind for that reason, but because I realized I was doing to you what I did to Mirabel. I was blaming you for everything going wrong in this village. Including Luisas changes she's had. I would like for you to stay and continue to make not just Mirabel and Luisa happy, but the rest of my family too. They all love you Y/n and after hearing some of your jokes I can understand why." You perked up at the fact that she was starting to like your jokes "you dont have to leave if you dont want to." You sighed "I hurt Luisa. I can't stay here. She'll never forgive me." She placed an arm around your shoulders and placed her other one on your arm closest to her "and thats where you're wrong Hermosa. She always forgives no matter what. She will forgive you."

End

I swallowed hard "I did try harder to keep her here then what I did to make to leave, but she said she'd return in three years. You two can remain good friends when she returns. I once again realized all my mistakes too late." I wrapped her in a hug "thank you for telling me this Abuela." I started crying "I can wait for the rest of my life if I have too, but I know she is the one for me." I let her go and she stood up "im so very sorry for causing all of this." I gave a smile "its ok Abuela. I still love you regardless."

She left soon after and I just sat on my bed rubbing the fabric between my fingers before I remembered about the note too, so I picked it up and looked at my name in her handwriting on the front of the paper tbat was incredibly crumpled up then I opened it expecting something completely different then what I got.

Dear, Luisa
You're probably reading this with me standing infront of you very awkwardly, but I made this outfit for you because I wanted it to represent how beautiful you are inside and out. Its a outfit for one of your days off, but you can wear it whenever because no matter what you'll look good in it. I also picked out this fabric because I remember you saying it was your favorite one at the shop when you helped move all the freshly woven fabric from one side of town to the other.

Anyway before I get to far ahead of myself here I wanted to tell you I have feelings for you. I like you more than a friend, but not in a sister way. I like you in a aunt Pepa and Felix kind of way or Julieta and Agustin kind of way. If that makes sense. I dont know how many times I've rewritten this, but it still doesn't feel right to me maybe its because I called Pepa aunt Pepa? I dont know, but I really hope you like this gift and I hope that maybe you return my feelings.
-y/n

P.s. this is an add on after your Abuela talked to me and is like a month after I wrote this originally, so this part is super new, but oh well.
I will see you again in three years. I promise you that. If I break my promise you can came find me and maybe break me for it. I'd deserve it after everything that happened. I apologize for blaming your Abuela and I hope you don't. She did tell me my parents disappearance had to do with the townsfolk not letting them back in because they said they left too much and that's why my mom was killed by bandits and my dad just disappeared one day. She also said that she is very sorry for how she treated me, so I hope if you took what I said to heart about her you can forgive her. I also finished this dress and jumper for you tonight as well. With some help from Alma of course.

I'm sorry I am just up and leaving without a goodbye or a good apology or on good terms with you, but I hope this will do until we see eachother again. If you still hate me by then I understand. I'd hate me too. I also left one more gift at my house for you. You'll have to go pick it up as I WAS NOT about to send it with your Abuela.
<3 Y/n

I smiled at the note. I'm definitely putting this under my pillow until the day she gets back or the day I have to leave Encanto to go find her. I will not rest until I get to see her again. Maybe I was being a bit much with all this, but I didn't care. She took time out of her packing to write a new part to her letter and finish the outfit for me with Abuela there before passing it off to her to give to me. I could never hate her as hate is a strong word to use. I could only be mad at her for a while before forgiving her and letting the past stay in the past.