10

Three years seemed like forever, but I could and did do it, sort of. It just took some distraction and a new job in order too.

Over time my sister did figure out it was Luisa that I had falling for me, but she wouldn't let that rest after she found out. She tried making me go back sooner then I wanted to and while I wouldn't for the first year she just kept pushing me and pushing me. She also found out she was seven months pregnant not long after I had showed up back from Encanto. I also learned why my mom packed us up and left her here. She was lazy and wouldn't even take care of her own kids. This included the new born that I ended up raising and taking with me back to Encanto when I left. A year earlier then I planned. The new born was now a little over a year old and learning how to talk and walk.

The journey there would be long and even harder now that I had a baby to take care of since his mom did give me legal guardianship of him. I just worried that Luisa would get the wrong idea when she seen me again with him or that she'd stop liking me altogether because kids weren't exactly her favorite.

When I reached just outside of Encanto I found Antonio with his animal friends playing by the river with Dolores and Camilo close by watching him while also talking with Mirabel and Isabella.

"What is it?" Antonio looked at his jaguar that looked in my direction "Antonio get over here now." The jaguar started walking towards me. What if it didn't remember me and killed me?" I held my breath for a few seconds as I hid my nephew and it got closer and closer with each step before it pounced onto me gently "he says its Y/n!" Antonio came running over and threw his arms around me "you came back." I smiled "of course I did." Right about then he was joined by the others who all hugged me except Mirabel who started to cry "no no no don't do that." I ran over and hugged her.

"We can't tell Luisa I'm back. Her twenty-second birthday is tomorrow and I'd like to surprise her." They all nodded "got it. Now just to get you back to Casita and let you say hello to everyone else without her knowing." I shook my head "we probably shouldn't do that. I can just stay on the edge of the trees and work my way towards my old house." Dolores shook her head "not if I-who is that?" She pointed to my nephew who crawled out from behind the bushes I sat him behind "oh thats my-" Camilo interupeted "is it yours?" He walked over and picked him up earning a blood curdling scream from my nephew not knowing who Camilo was "ok I'll set you down." He sat him down and I smiled "this is my sobrino Blake."

Mirabel smiled at him "you're just so cute." He crawled over to me before using my legs to stand up "how old is he?" Antonio walked over and noticed he (Blake) was a little over half his height "a year old plus some months." Dolores' eyes grew wide "so he's like Luisa was as a baby just a little taller?" You nodded "sure. Can we get going though I am exhausted from traveling." They all nodded "of course."

I walked holding Blake's hand for about a hundred feet before picking him up as it was faster and it wouldn't hurt my back as much. "You are getting heavy little guy." I huffed and placed him on my hip "atleast you're getting taken care of though."

As we entered Encanto I took a deep breath in "I missed this place." Isabella smiled "I wont admit it, but I think it missed you too." I chuckled "yeah well home is a place your heart is. My heart is here in Encanto. It never left."

"Hey guys have you seen the donkeys? They got out again." Isabella made a cactus pop up just the right size you could hide behind it "I think we seen some on the north side of the village." She smiled "thanks. Do you need me to move that for you?" She went to pick up the cactus and they all jumped infront of her "NO!" She jumped a little at the outburst "I mean no we wanted it here anyways, so for now it can stay here." She nodded "alright. Oh uh who's kid is this?" Blake was currently pulling on her dress with a big partially toothy smile while looking up at her "oh uh I dont know. We can take care of him though." Mirabel picked him up and handed him to Dolores and he still had ahold of the end of Luisas dress "uh I need this back." She gave the tiniest pressure in a pull in an attempt to get the dress back.

Mirabel didn't know what to do and neither did the others. Antonio disappeared a while ago and Camilo while he came up with a good plan didnt think it through as he shape-shifted into me and gently talked to Blake to get him to let go and pried Blake's hands and gently as possible.

"How can a baby be this strong?" I gave up as Luisa stared at Camilo trying to put the pieces together and decided it was time to reveal myself even though you didn't want to. "Blake Charlie Reverez let go of that dress right now." Tears welled up in his eyes at my stern voice towards him before he let go and leaned towards me before he started crying. I scared him more then I did anything and didn't even mean too.

"I'm sorry baby, but you gotta let go sometimes." I calmed him down then handed him back to Mirabel who kept him busy while I stood infront of Luisa fondling with my shirt "happy early birthdahh-" she brought me into a crushing hug "L-Luisa I cant- I can't breath." She held me there for a second longer before putting me down "sorry." I hugged her back and gave a hard squeeze seeing if I could throw her off "is this your kid?" Her face fell a little "yes and no. This is my nephew I have legal guardianship over him. My sister and her husband can only manage two kids at a time, so this ones mine now." She smiled "he's quite strong already." I gave an awkward laugh "you dont even know. He'll pick up a fifteen pound weight and run with it thinking its funny until he falls because for one he's learning to run and two it throws off his balance."