24

I walked around town the next day doing my chores and helping people when I needed and everyone kept staring at me, so I finally asked one of the town folks why.

"Hey Osvaldo." He waved at me "hello Luisa." I decided to ease into asking the question "do you need any help today?" He looked around "I have a plant I need you to move to a different room." I nodded "on it. Where would you like it?" He showed me where it was and where he'd like it "anything else?" He started to stare in the same spot everyone else has been "I uh...I dont think so, but if I find something purple- I mean something else then I'll let you know." I nodded "ok. I'll be off then." He continued to stare "I dont mean to sound rude, but why are you staring at me?" He rubbed the back of his head "I think its best if you look in a mirror." I raised a brow then headed to Y/ns shop for my break.

"Hey love." She always says hello before me "hello hermosa." I watched her look down at the same spot and her eyes grew wide before she looked away from me "ok why is everyone staring there?" Y/n pursed her lips "um...I uh I left-" she said it really fast and quiet. So I couldn't understand her "what?" Her face was red when she looked at me "I said I left two big hickies on your collar bone and neck. Thats why everyone keeps staring." My face went red "oh. I wish I had known that sooner." She whispered an apology "hey no no no its ok dont be sorry. Its bound to happen." I hugged her and she hugged me back and we just stood there for a moment.

"Luisa I remember you talking to me last night after we got back to Casita and I looked into it and found someone who can help us, but he or she is a really long ways away." I pulled back from the hug and looked at her "what was I talking to you- oh I remember now. Go on." She sighed "if in a year or two when we settle more and are better suited for this situation. We can travel to meet them and see what they can do for us. I have already spoke with them and they said we'd have to spend a month or two in the United States in order to make sure everything went perfectly. If you are willing to do that then we will have to talk to la familia to get their ok and see if we can-" I swooped her up in a hug "of course I'm willing to stay there that long. What about you?" She chuckled "I'm willing to if you are. Besides maybe it's time we introduce you to the world."

I gave her a funny look "ok I wasn't going to tell you, but there is a movie made about the whole Antonio gets his gift and the house falls apart thing and its crazy correct. Like they have you guys designed to a T in the movie and everything." I laughed "no they don't." She nodded "oh yes they do. Thats why I invited my cousin to come here. Thats why she knew almost everyone's names without me telling her." I thought back on it and realized she had to be right, but how did they get the information?

I laid down on the hammock Y/n had there for me "so can I watch this movie somehow?" She looked over at me "yeah let me just pull it up. The internet is super slow up here, so it'll probably stop every once in a while." She brought me her phone and as I watched I found it scary that this was all something people came up with on a whim. The lines were right except a few, the songs were correct. "Thats-thats weird." I gave her phone back "tell me about it. Not to mention-" a customer walked in "do you make just clothes?" He didn't even wait for her to finish her sentence.

"No I make just about anything. What do you need?" He folded his arms "can you hurry and make me a four layer blanket?" She nodded "yeah of course what design of fabric would you like?" He sighed "I dont care just make me something my wife would like. Shes as gay as you are, but is pregnant with my child, so we plan to marry." Did he not realize I was here? "Ok on it."

She selected four different designs and stared to put them together "um no. She won't like that." She nodded "ok thats fine. What one will she not like?" He pointed at the one with my tia Pepas gift design "she hates the rain and that Madrigal...peeper, pizazz...?uh." Y/n sighed "Pepa?" He nodded "yeah that one. I frankly don't blame her. Pepa can't keep her feelings to herself without bringing the town into too." I was starting to get irritated "huh that's weird. Shes one of my favorites she helps all the food we grow during the dry season as well as water the animals." He laughed "yeah but shes practically useless other than those two things." Y/n gave a look in my direction.

"So what Madrigal is her favorite?" He scoffed "none of them. Hell we went to this last wedding just for the food. Don't even know what one got married or who they married. All I know is it was a mistake." He chuckled "but that's what you get with the 'amazing Madrigals' and their so called gifts." I watched her hands hesitate in their motion when he did a weird voice and quotations "oh. I was just asking because I quite enjoyed the wedding. Luisa was the one who got married. Shes pretty cool." She looked over at me again "then again I might just be baised because I've always found strong women attractive." He chuckled and leaned the partially made blanket "between me and you..." he whispered something I couldn't understand "I'm sorry what was that?" Y/n stuck her hand by her ear making him sigh "I said between you and me I'd definitely fuck her. She looks better than my wife and would probably be able to keep her form during pregnancy and after having kids. Damn women anyway. You guys can't keep your bodies nice for anyone." I watched him drag his hand up Y/ns arm and she stared at him a moment before punching him in the nose as hard as she could.

"estúpido idiota." I started laughing from where I laid across the room "dumb bitch." He stood up holding his nose "I still want that blanket." She folded it up "sorry your wife will have to come collect it. I dont accept people in here who think women are just an object or something to fuck just for fun then treat them bad for their 'perfect figure' being ruined." He stomped towards the front door and looked right me right as Y/n from behind him yelled "oh and by the way shes nice to fuck." Then placed the blanket in a storage bin while saying something under her breath.

"You ok?" She looked over at me "yeah just tired of him always coming back to harass me. I'm sure he'll come back when his nose isn't broke." I got up and made my way to her to hug her "just let me know when he comes back. I'll take care of if ok?" She shook her head "no its ok. I just get tired of having to chase him off. I though about having Antonio in here with his jaguar. The guy said he'll fuck anything except one of those because they are quote on quote too scary and man eating beasts." I laughed "hes clearly never met you then." She was silent before pushing me away with a laugh "hey now dont go spreading my secrets." I leaned down and in a soft voice said "the only thing I'll ever spread is your legs, and your folds, and maybe a secret or two." Her face went red "Luisa." She swatted at me making me giggle and dodge it.

"Luisa Madrigal I'll get you." I laughed and left the shop with a "I love you too hermosa." Only making her laugh behind me.

I went to Casita to wash my hands after moving the bridge. Again. Only to find Dolores staring at me when I walked in. I ignored it at first, but found it odd and did what I needed, but when I turned around to leave she was staring at me still, I once again ignored it and grabbed for some food since I was in the kitchen, but she moved infront of me, so I couldn't.

"What do you want Dolores?" I reached over her "I want you to stop dirty talking your wife. What do you want?" I  went red "for you to stop listening to just me and a tamale." I grabbed what I was going for originally and took a bite before turning to walk away, but she was once again in front of me "what Dolores?" She narrowed her eyes at me "hm." Then she left leaving me standing there when papa yelled for me "coming papa."