Chapter 7

Dancing

I give her all my love, that's all I do. And if you saw my love, you'd love her too.

Sirius knew Dorcas was up to something as soon as she left Marlene's side to talk to Betsy

Sirius knew Dorcas was up to something as soon as she left Marlene's side to talk to Betsy. She never willingly talked to the sour and unpleasant Betsy, especially when it meant leaving Marlene's side.

Then that song started playing. He remembered telling Marlene and James that he wanted that song to play at his wedding back when they were in fourth year. His music taste grew and expanded but that song stayed one of the most romantic songs he knew.

And I Love Her by the Beatles was simple song with gentle lyrics that swayed peacefully through his mind. And although it was so simple, he marveled at how Paul McCartney had such a way with words as to evoke true emotions from him.

Dorcas, you prat, he thought. She set him up perfectly. He didn't know whether to thank her over a million times or call her names. Either way, whether he was mad or not, this was the perfect opportunity to talk to Jude again.

The song played softly as he looked for her. Not too far from James and Lily, there she was. She was pulling at her hair, clearly eager to leave the center of the floor as all the couples partnered up. As she searched for a way out, her eyes fell onto Sirius. His heart stopped just like it did the day they met. Damn it, he watched as she smiled, realizing it was him she was locking eyes with. This girl is going to make me committed, he thought about his plans of remaining single and how Jude had derailed them completely.

Before he could catch his breath, he realized he had walked over to her and was now close enough to touch her. He exhaled, "Hi."

Jude's nose scrunched up. "Hi." Her cheeks turned blush.

"Didn't have any red in your closet?"

"No, it's not my colour," she grinned.

Sirius held out his hand. "Well?"

In that moment, he wished he could read Jude's mind. Her eyes moved back and fourth between his hand and the floor as if she were debating wether to take it or not.

"Come on, you don't want to miss this song, do you?" He stretched his hand out further.

Then she took his hand. Both looked to each other, getting a rush like they were jolted. A soft laugh slipped from Jude's pink lips. Sirius pulled her into his arms and took her waist. They fell into step with one another, swaying back and forth as the song played.

Jude closed her eyes with a bright smile. "This is one of my favorite songs." Her voice was gentle and quiet with the smallest hint of a rasp. Sirius believed he could listen to her forever. "I used to tell my oldest brother it was the perfect wedding song."

Sirius chuckled and mumbled. "Damn you, Dorcas."

Jude opened her eyes again. "Hm?"

"Dorcas," They continued dancing. "She planned all of this."

Jude just laughed. "I should've known."

There was a moment of silence. Sirius had so much to say but not enough time to say it. So he decided on this: "You kissed me."

Her brows furrowed but there was still a slight smile on her lips. "What?"

"That night in the Astronomy Tower," He smirked a bit. "You beat me to it. You made the first move. You told me to kiss you."

She looked up at him. "Yeah?" Then her eyes widened. "Oh, Merlin. Did you not want to kiss me? Did I pressure you? I'm so sorry, I thought-"

He tightened his grip on her waist. "No, no, that's- no." He shrunk down just a bit, getting closer to her. "When I met you, you- without hesitation, may I add- put me in my place when I assumed you didn't play Quidditch. Then you brushed my flirting off. Then you took the lead and told me to kiss you. Then when I tried to take it to the next stage, you took control and stopped it." Sirius didn't know exactly what he was saying or where this whole speech was going. He just knew he had to say it. "You know what you want and you don't let anyone take your power from you."

Jude had no clue what he was talking about, he could see that on her face. "Sirius, what are you going on about?"

"What I'm trying to say is I fancy you, Jude."

The song came to an end. Everyone stopped dancing. Jude kept ahold of Sirius' hand and her smile grew. "Come on." She started walking, pulling him along.

"What?" He laughed along, letting her take him just as she did the night he took her from the dorms. "Where are we going? The party's in here!"

She stopped dead in her tracks and spun her head to him with a wickedly cute grin. "The mysterious place, of course."

------

A/N: This is the shortest chapter ever, hahaha, but the next one is something you want to keep your eye out for because it's a good one! I was considering just putting it in this one but it deserves it's own chapter :)

xoxo

tik tok and twitter: moonysblog

instagram: moonysblogxo