Chapter 20

Big Brother, Baby Sister

But I'll fuck you up if you're mean to 'Jude'

Peter arrived at the Potter's the next morning to find five kids in the parlor

Peter arrived at the Potter's the next morning to find five kids in the parlor. Sirius was curled up in the corner of the couch with Jude in his lap. Her legs stretched over Eddie, who's head was leaning on Remus. Remus' legs were tucked to his chest. In front of his legs, James was laying on his back with his own legs swung over the arm of the couch.

"Oi! Get up!" Peter slammed his hand on the wall.

Everyone shot up and started flailing around. "Shite, Pete!" Eddie caught Jude from falling off the couch.

James, in fact, did fall. And he fell flat on his face. "Fucking hell-"

Sirius threw a pillow at Peter and helped Jude sit up.

Peter smacked the pillow away and went to help James up. "Did'ya all sleep like that?" He lightly and teasingly smacked his cheek. "Get up, Pads."

Jude stood up, feeling an ache in her back and the souls of her feet. "C'mon, boys. We can sleep at my brother's place." She wrapped the blanket around herself, feeling the cool air in the room. She shook Eddie fully awake, and pulled him by the ear until he was standing.

"I'm hungry," Remus groaned, sleepily.

Sirius threw his head back and sighed. "It's almost a full moon, Rem. You're always hungry." He looked up to see Jude with her arms crossed, waiting for him to get up. "Oh, come on, Jude. Colin's not going anywhere."

"I know you better than that, Black." She leaned forward, pressing a kiss on his forehead and almost falling over in the process. She was still a bit weak. "If you ask for five more minutes, you'll be sleeping for the next hour." She stood back up. "So, let's get on with it." As she went to walk off, she stumbled, catching herself before she fell.

That was enough to get Sirius to his feet. He rushed to her side and wrapped his arm around her waist. "You alright?"

"Fine," she smiled.

"Let's go then," Peter walked over to the fireplace. "Ladies first."

~

Colin Jones' house was a sloppy farm house in the middle of nowhere, deep in Ireland. Being a big player in the Order of the Phoenix, he lived far off the grid where his family was safe. Colin was the father of a little girl name Lucy Jude Jones. Lucy's mum had passed away shortly after the girl was born. Colin's days were spent organizing missions, housing members of the Order, and playing with his daughter. In the summers, Eddie and Jude would come to the house and work on the farm. Everything slowed down for him after the twins were sent to live with him. There was nothing he cared more about than protecting his family. When he got word that something had happened to Jude, he was quick to open the floo network to his siblings and their friends.

Colin was sat at his small kitchen table, drinking a tea and reading the paper. In the background of the morning birds and the static from the radio, he heard small and fast footsteps from the floor above him.

Then he heard a puff from the den's fireplace. He closed the paper. "I'm in the kitchen!" He called out, followed by, "Lucy, Auntie J and Uncle Eddie are here!"

A little voice called back. "Be right down, Papa!"

The Marauders made their way to the kitchen. Colin's smile grew as he saw his little siblings. Eddie had his arm under Jude's, keeping her steady. They both looked exhausted and he doubted either of them slept well last night.

Jude's warm smile and bright eyes still wouldn't dim as she greeted Colin. "Hey, big brother." She let go of Eddie, practically throwing herself into a hug with Colin.

"Well, shite, JJ. You seem fine to me." He kissed her cheek and helped her into the chair he once sat, then turned to Eddie. "And you. You haven't written me once."

Eddie shrugged. "Eh, you know I'm not much of a writer. Besides, aren't frightening calls about your baby sister getting crucioed by her boyfriend's cousin so much more exciting?" He winked and pat Sirius' shoulder.

Colin raised an eyebrow, looking Sirius up and down. "You're the boyfriend?"

"Aye," Jude snapped. "Both of you best play nice." She then waved the four boys to come further in. "These are our friends. Remus is the tall one, James is the one who looks like John Lennon, and Peter's the cutie in the front." She then gestured to Sirius. "And, yes, this is my boyfriend, Sirius."

"Auntie J!" A small, redheaded girl came racing in and jumped into Jude's arms, causing Jude to cringe with a bit of pain.

Still, she helped the girl onto her lap and gave her a squeeze. "Hi, Lu! Look how big you've gotten!"

Eddie teasingly threw his hands up. "No hugs for me?"

Lucy blushed and held out her arms and Eddie scooped her into a hug.

"Alright, kiddo." Colin took her from Eddie. "Let's get out of our nightgown and dressed for the day while J and Eddie get settled in, hm?" He put her down and she ran off. "Ed, can you set James and Peter up in the guest room? Both beds have fresh sheets. Jude and Sirius, you can share a room if you promise to keep it child friendly."

"Colin!" Jude smacked his arm.

Eddie stood there like a scholar. "No, he has a point."

Jude gave them both a death stare before rising to her feet. "I'm going upstairs to lie down. Sirius, love," she made sure to emphasize 'love'. "It's the first room on your left when you're ready." As she walked past him and to the stairs, she kissed him quickly. "Remus, make sure no one blows up the place, will you?"

"Yes, ma'am," he grinned.

———
A/N: Thanks for reading!

TikTok: moonysblog
Instagram: moonysblogxo