Chapter 18

Always Pure

I'd be smart to walk away, but you're quicksand

The Noble House of Black was once completely pure- until the newest generation

The Noble House of Black was once completely pure- until the newest generation. Until Andromeda Black, the eldest of the sisters. The Slytherin girl fell for a muggleborn Hufflepuff boy, Ted Tonks. Against the wishes and commands of the Black clan, she ran off with the boy and was shunned from the family, cut off completely. The Black family swore from that day on, they would never let another child of pure bloods fall to the will of the mudbloods.

Then Sirius Orion Black tested them again. He was never a good child in their eyes. He talked back, skipped his lessons with tutors, never wore a tie as a young boy, spent his school days with half bloods and muggleborns, and refused the Dark Lord. Now he had broken the most sacred rule: do not commingle with mudbloods. And in their own house.

Walburga stormed down the halls, her dark shadow marching behind her. The others followed her like soldiers. Bellatrix was more than happy to arm herself with her wand. Stella's grin was eerily delighted. Orion was fuming from the ears, lit cigarette between his fingers.

~

Jude's green dress was on the floor. Sirius' clothes were thrown around, carelessly. The bed sheets were out of place. And the couple's arms and legs were tangled together as they caught their breath with a sheet over them.

"Y'know what," Sirius laid on his back, pulling Jude closer to him into a hug, "Maybe this place isn't so bad. Where are we going to get privacy like this? No James bursting in, or Marlene taunting us through the door. Just you and me." He twisted her hair around his finger.

Jude smiled. "You and me, star boy."

"Star boy?" He pretended to be offended.

"Oh, don't get so butt-hurt. It's about time I have a nickname for you." She intertwined her fingers in his, holding his hand tight. "And you're my star, the brightest star in the sky."

Sirius remembered the day in the astronomy tower when he showed her the star he was named after, Sirius, the brightest star in the sky. The image of Jude standing on the balcony, the stars lighting up her face. Seeing her big smile that night made him realize she was the girl who'd set him straight. And he was right. The month they had been dating for was the best month of his life. The nights they spent together, he'd drift off to sleep with her on his chest, and when he woke in the morning, he immediately smiled, taking the view in. Every broken piece of him began to go back into place. He fixed himself to be better for her. That terrifying thought was really a terrifying truth. He was in love with her. Every single part of her.

Jude, on the other hand, never saw it coming. She never thought the self centered drama queen, Sirius, would be the one she fell for. But then she got to know him- the real him- and no one compared to her Sirius. He had a heart bigger than the sun and a soul kinder than a saint. When he laughed, the whole world froze around her. He was everything. The broken boy put himself back together and mended his heart for her and she was a better person because of him.

But one thought lingered in her mind. At dinner, Sirius had blurted out three incredibly dangerous words that had gone undiscussed: I love her. Did he mean it, or was it just something he said in the heat of the moment? Jude had to face the facts. She wouldn't know unless she asked him. So as she laid on his bare chest, playing with the rings on his hand, she plucked up the courage to say, "Did you mean it?"

Sirius knew exactly what she was asking, but he wanted to be completely certain. "Mean what? What we just did? Of course, I meant it!" He chuckled a bit. "It was amazing, probably the best sex I've ever ha-"

"Sirius, that's not what I'm talking about and you know it." She let go of his hand with some disappointment in her voice.

He sat in the silence for a bit, finding the words he wanted to say. Then he took her hand again. "Yes, I meant it." Another moment of silence. "I didn't want you to find out like that. I wanted to tell you at a better time." More silence.

"This seems to be a better time..."

She was right. As always. It was a better time. Somehow- most likely by miracle- they had a good moment in the House of Black. So he took a deep breath and sat up. He watched as Jude propped herself on her elbow and stared up at him with big blue eyes. "I love you."

She froze for a second until her lips parted to form a few words. "I love you too."

It took a minute for Sirius to process the words. He sat still for a bit before the corners of his mouth turned up. He finally collected himself. "Thank fuck!" He scooped her up, tangled in the bedsheet, and kissed her all over the face. "I love you, I love you, I love you!"

Her laugh flooded the room.

"Sirius!" A piercing shout came from outside the doorway.

Sirius' face wasn't shocked even in the slightest. No, it was just saddened. He knew who was at the door: his mother and father. And by the sound of her voice, the ruse was over. They knew Jude wasn't Marlene.

"Sirius?" Jude's smile faded when she saw his face change. All the colour drained from his face. "Was that who I thought it was?"

He gently put her down, letting her feet touch the ground, before covering her in the sheet and grabbing clothes. "Mhm." He reached over her and pulled his wand from under a pillow. "Don't say anything-" He started rushing to put clothes on and tossed a nightgown to Jude.

"What the bloody fuck-"

"She's figured it out." He started collecting things and tossing them into a bag. "Get your things together, quickly. Leave behind anything you can."

She did as he said, gathering their jewelry and Sirius' photos. She grabbed her own wand, keeping an eye on the door.

Without warning, the door was blasted open. Bellatrix stood in front of the other family members with a grin and her wand. She locked eyes with Jude. "Crucio!" A burst of energy left her wand, striking Jude in the chest.

A sharp pain in his chest took all of the breath out of Sirius. "Bella! No!" He ran to Jude's side and caught her as she fell to the floor with a scream.

Jude could feel her body burn with the pain of the curse. Nothing she had ever felt would compare to this. The feeling consumed her body, ripping her apart, piece by piece. She thought her body might just burst. Her skin felt as if it was tearing itself apart. Her eyes were open but she couldn't see. Every one of her senses were on fire.

Not knowing what to do, Sirius grabbed his and Jude's bags and wands and used every bit of energy he had to dispparate from the Black Manor. His body swirled, fiercely, as it was pulled from the room and tossed around. He made sure to hold on as tight as possible to Jude and fought the urge to vomit. His mind just kept repeating the same words, over and over again. Take us to James.

———
A/N: Sorry this one took a bit longer to get out! Had a bit of writers block...oops! Also- thank you all for sharing your edits and fanart! Feel free to keep tagging me and sending it my way!

xoxo

TikTok: moonysblog
Instagram: moonysblogxo