Chapter 13

Marlene McKinnon

You wanna piss off your parents, date me to scare them

On the day Sirius, Jude, and Regulus were sent to leave for the Black Manor, the weather matched the mood perfectly

On the day Sirius, Jude, and Regulus were sent to leave for the Black Manor, the weather matched the mood perfectly. The sky was dark, clouds loomed over them like a hovering bee, and rain fell, tapping on their shoulders. A silver and grey train, heavy in the weight of the passengers, pulled in front of them. With a huff of smoke and a screech of the wheels, it came to a halt.

Sirius took his bag in one arm and Jude's hand in the other. Every part of him wanted to leave her at the train station and deal with an angry girlfriend when he got back, but he couldn't do it. And before he could change his mind, they were on the train, placing their bags in the carriage above. Regulus didn't sit with them. He'd already done his mother enough stress by getting his older brother an invitation to the dinner. Sirius sat down by the window and pulled Jude closer to him.

She looked up at him and moved his hair back. "Are you alright?"

"Not really," he grinned, weakly. "I hate that you're coming. It makes me sick to think about you and my parents in the same room."

Jude played with the tassels of her scarf, swatting Sirius with them. "Everything will be fine. We'll sneak off if we have to. You give me the sign, and I'll get you out of there, okay?"

"Okay," he sighed. "And you remember who you say you are?"

"Marlene McKinnon. Half-blood." She laughed a bit at the idea of being Marlene for a few days.

Sirius' parents hadn't seen Marlene since her third year. She and Jude looked similar enough that the Black family wouldn't know the difference. It took a few days, but they even got Regulus to agree to play along with the ruse. It was safer for Jude to enter the house as a half-blood then a muggleborn. And there weren't many people she knew better than Marlene, her roommate and best friend.

"And your accent?" Sirius trained Jude like a dog to speak with a proper English accent instead of her heavy handed Irish one.

Jude cleared her throat and sat up straight. "Hello, my name is Marlene. It's a pleasure to meet you." She mocked the accent quite well. She could've fooled Sirius.

"Perfect."

Jude could see the worry in his eyes. She knew how strong he was, what he had to endure to deal with his miserable family. "Y'know," she reverted back to her Irish tone. "This could be a little fun. You and me...out of that dorm...alone..." She knew that thought would raise his spirits a bit. "And can you imagine your mum's face if she found out we're queer? It would be hilarious!"

"We can't do that, Bird." He laughed a bit.

"No, but it's fun to think about." There was a pause then she gasped. "What if-" she giggled. "What if I told them I dated a muggle girl, hm?" She smirked.

"Dear Merlin, that's bloody brilliant," he laughed back. "Wouldn't that be something. Mum'd be pissed off enough to cut my bloody head off."

There was a gorgeous moment of pure bliss, imagining the faces of anger that would rise from the Black family if they ever found out. They were in each others arms, smiling and laughing. They both knew it was the moments like these that made all the struggles worth it. An Irish Muggleborn Witch and the Pure Blood Prince. Of course two of the kids with some of the darkest pasts were thrown together by the universe and sent into a hurricane of trouble.

"Sirius?" Jude whispered, close to his chest as she played with the rings on his fingers.

He rested his chin on the top of her head. Her curly hair cushioned him. "Yeah?"

"You're always welcome to stay with me and Eddie, y'know? We don't have anything as nice as James but Colin makes some great pancakes in the morning." Colin Jones, Jude and Eddie's older half brother, was 31. He worked for the Ministry until Sirius' father, Orion Black, got him fired. Now he worked for a group of rebels called the Order of the Phoenix, run by Dumbledore himself. "And Lucy-" Lucy Jones was Colin's daughter. She was about four years old. "Lucy won't bother you or anything."

Jude and Eddie hadn't seen their mother since their eleventh birthday. Her name was Millie. When she found out the twins were wizards like Colin, she sent them away to live with him and his father. The twins' father was never in the picture like Colin's was. He was a muggle their mother had dated. To their knowledge, he didn't know they existed. There family wasn't big, whole, or even involved, but they didn't mind.

"Thanks," Sirius kissed the top of her head. "But I was thinking we should get our own place after we graduate." He waited for a response but there was silence for a moment.

"Our own- own place?" Her voice was still a whisper.

He couldn't see Jude's face, couldn't tell if she was smiling or scared out of her mind. "Jude?"

She stayed still. "Mhm?"

"Did I scare you?"

"Nope."

"You're not saying much."

"I'm thinking."

"About?"

"What colour the kitchen should be."

He blew a laugh from his nose. "You just love giving me a heart attack, huh?"

She nodded. "It's what I do best. But let's not get too far ahead. I've still got a three month return policy on you." Her laugh rose.

"Ha, ha, very funny." He held her tighter. "Good luck getting rid of me, Jones."

"Ugh," Jude playfully groaned. "Fine, I guess I'll keep you around. Mostly just for your hair of course."

Sirius chuckled. "Of course."

Jude tucked herself further into Sirius' arms and closed her eyes. She took a deep breath in through her nose. Wet dog, rosemary, cigarettes, and black cherry. It was a random collection of smells, but those smells were heaven to her. They were the same ones she always smelled in that stupid love potion. The smell of Sirius Orion Black.

----

A/N: There is currently a sneak peek of the next chapter on my tik tok!! Go check it out!

xoxo

Tik Tok and Twitter: moonysblog

Instagram: moonysblogxo