14. 🥀

Vote 🌟
Comment 💬

Brooklyn B.

"You good back there?" My friend Amethyst asked me

"I'm good." I smiled.

Me, her,  Jules, and Miracle were all coming back from a party and I was loaded.

Low key too high for my own good but I loved being high it helped with the anxiety I deal with on a daily basis.

"Here." Jules handed me another pill making Amethyst roll her eyes.

"Thank you." I said but Amethyst reach back and snatched the pill away from me. "Why the hell you do that?"

"Besides you not needing to do it at all, you definitely had enough drugs for tonight."

"What you my mama or something?"

"If I was ya mama I would've beat yo ass."

"Stop being a buzz kill." Jules said.

"Y'all ain't go get enough of this shit until y'all overdose."

She gives me and Jules the same speech every time we hang out together. Amethyst doesn't do what we do she's a smoker and Miracle usually drinks. But since she was DD she didn't drink tonight.

These were my best friends. I met them in middle school and we've been tight as fuck since. We had another best friend Johnathon but that's a story for another time.

"Yeah, yeah, we hear you."

"I only talk to this talk all the time because I care."

"I know." I smiled and leaned up and kissed her cheek.

She mushed me back making me laugh.

"Y'all annoying. I don't know why y'all do that bullshit in the first place."

I had no answer to why I rather be high than live in the reality of being sober. I guess the truth of the matter is when I'm high I'm happy and relaxed but when I'm sober I'm angry and bitchy.

Haven't really come to terms with what makes me so angry all the time. Use to think it was jealousy but I had nothing to be jealous of because I wasn't treated any differently. But I did yearn for the closeness everybody had. Everybody had somebody and then there was just me.

Then when that big fight happened in New York with my parents a while back everybody went up against me. My daddy explained to me that it was because I was being rude to my mama thinking everything was her fault when it was his but he didn't see what I seen. He may have started it but my mama could've walked away.

"You going home or back to Mr. Jayceon house?" Miracle asked.

"Jayceon. I don't think my parents are home yet."