Chapter 2

HERE IT GOES.......

SHEHNAAZ'S POV:

"But we can't send you to US all alone" he continued.

"But dad I am 24 years now and I.. " Shehnaaz tried to explain.

"Shehnaaz, no" he said.

"But dad this is once in a life time opportunity" I said trying to convince him.

"Shehnaazz" my dad yelled at me, making me flinch and I didn't know what to say.

"How could you even think about it? Why do you think that I will agree for it? Why did you even apply in US? Are there any less opportunities in India? How could we send our only daughter to US foreign? Your so called offer is of 6 months only, May God forbid but what if something happens to you in these 6 months...what we will Do? Do you know their culture? How people are out there? How will you adjust there, tell? Are even responsible enough to live in US all alone?" He continued shattering my dreams.

"Have you ever considered about what will people say? Have you thought? They will say Singh ji has sent their daughter to foreign, when will she come back and how will she behave? Will she even come back or not? What will happen if she falls in love with a white man? Anyways, do you know that people over there are so shameless? Have you heard girls over there wear such small clothes? Have you thought about all this? Do you know how much embarassed I would be?" Dad continued shouting at me. A tear left my eyes without me even knowing.

His every word broke my heart into millions of pieces. I didn't expect this at all. I could see my dreams shattering in front of my eyes and I stood there doing nothing. I guess I was wrong when I thought my parents are modern enough to support me do whatever I want. It was the worst feeling ever. I was feeling so helpless. I kept crying there.

"Amrita (Shehnaaz's Mom)!! I have warned you not to educate your girl this much. Excess studies spoil their mind. She has started to walk on the moon now. She is talking about going to foreign." He yelled at my mom.

"You have so many friends, how many of them have gone to foreign. Answer me?" He yelled.

I shook my head in denial.

"Today I came home, in a very happy mood and you literally spoiled everything. Now, silently go upstairs in your room and there is no need to use your brain. Did you get that?" He ordered me.

"But dad.."

"Shehnaaz! didn't you listen what your father said? Go upstairs." Mom interupted me.

I ran in my room sobbing and locked the my room. I then sat against the door and continued crying. It was really very painful, all my dreams were broken in just few minutes.

I don't know where did things went wrong. Was it me who did something wrong? Was it wrong of me to dream something big? Was it wrong of me to wish about being independent? Have my parents trusted me ever in my life? Was I being selfish?? I didn't think about my parents?? Was this society so important? Why are my parents not understanding me? I am capable of keeping myself safe,ain't I? In this 21st century, everything has changed, then why are my parents still thinking about "log kya kehege" (what will people say)? Why do I have to be same as my friends and relatives, can't I be different?? There were so many questions in my mind, which I had no answers of. I couldn't sleep that whole night. I just cried.

Hey guys, so here is chapter 2..