Chapter 7

Here it goes............

A week later

SHEHNAAZ'S POV:

"Rice, where are u rice urgh?"

"Why can't I find these fucking rice?"

Wait, let me explain I am currently in supper market trying to find damm rice, I don't even understand why the hell mom need these rice so urgently that she can't even wait for meera didi to bring it tomorrow.

Today is Saturday, I wanted to prepare for my interview on Monday but I am stuck here with this grocery list.

Out of nowhere my mother rushed into my room this morning giving me this list stating that it was necessary to bring these items today only. Because Srishti and her family are coming today.

"There they are, finally I found them. Urgh" I picked up 1kg pack of rice and put it in the basket. So, what's next? Hmm. Oh finally this damm list is completed.

I reached the counter quickly and paid for the items. I wanted to reach home as soon as possible so that I can prepare for my interview. It's an important one.

I kept the items in my car and sat in it. The items were very heavy and I placed them anyways. I like to do these things alone. I started driving the car towards home. Although my family had a driver, but I like to drive.

Even when I was in indore, I loved to travel alone. Though my uncle and aunt didn't allow me that much. I mean I did stay on campus. But I used to go their house especially on long holidays. While going from campus to their house, my uncle always offered to pick me up but I would refuse their request always.

Doing these little things gave me a sense of independence and makes me feel stronger.

I reached my home. Asked one of the servants to take these items in the kitchen. I rushed in my room to prepare for my interview.

After 15 mins, mom entered my room with Kriti.

Why is kriti here? I thought.

"Shehnaaz, Kriti is here to make u ready." Mom said.

"Mom why do I need to get ready?" I asked. Srishti and her family was very close to us I never get ready to meet them.

Before mom could say anything, we heard meera didi's voice.

"Ma'am please look at these things"

"Shehnaaz! We will talk about this later. Kriti make her ready fast." She said and went downstairs.

"Come on shehnaaz!!" Kriti said.

Why do I need to get ready, when only Srishti's family coming today?

"Shehnaaz! Which saari do you want to wear?" Kriti asked me showing two options.

"Saari?" I asked getting shocked. Why the hell would I wear a saari to meet them?

"Leave it, you should wear this one. It will look amazing on you." She said.

I changed into saari with a tons of questions in my mind.

"Oh my god! Great!" She said and made me sit on stool to do my hair and makeup.

"Kriti! Why are you do too much makeup? Also please keep my hairs simple" I said.

"Shehnaaz you need to look special today."

"And why do I need to look special today?" I asked her.

"Oh god shehnaaz!! Don't act like you don't know. You have to look special for your maybe would be husband." She said in a teasing form.

"What?" I turned my face toward her.

"What maybe would be husband?" I asked.

"Shehnaaz you are getting ready to meet the family and the guy who had send a marriage proposal for you, don't you know?" She said.

A Marriage proposal!!!!

A fucking Marriage proposal!!!!!

Again!!!!

I went numb. They lied to me. They fucking lied to me. They told me Srishti's family is coming here and that was what I was wondering this whole time why would I get ready to meet them.

They didn't even bother to tell me this important thing. Are my opinions that much unimportant? Don't I have any rights on my life? They didn't even try to explain me? Or atleast they could have told me? They could have given me time to think about it but they chose not to.

They distracted me by saying I could do job and all these things were happening right in front of my eyes. Yet I couldn't see them. That's why there was this much hustle-bustle in the house when I entered. That's why mom asked to buy groceries urgently. That's why I was getting all dressed up.

"Done" kriti said.

She wore👇

I didn't even realize that she continued dressing me up

I didn't even realize that she continued dressing me up. I stood up and was about to leave my room to get the answers of why she did this? But mom entered herself.

Before she could say anything, I said

"Mom you lied to me?"

"About what shehnaaz?" Mom asked.

"You told me that today srishti and her family are coming. Rather than that their is a marriage proposal coming for me."

"Shehnaaz I never lied to you. I just hide some part of truth." She said.

"You said Srishti and her family are coming today"

"They are coming."

"What??? Then what is this Marriage proposal thing."

"Marriage proposal is from her family."

Why did Srishti never told me this?

"But you said you won't force me to get married."

"I said we won't force you with Aaditya."

And before I could ask any further things, the most horrible thing occurred.

The door bell rang.

.................

Whose proposal is coming for shehnaaz?

Will she agree? Will they get married?