auntie nat

"natasha?" i call out to my left to see her looking over the notes of the time heist. "will you watch a movie with me?" 

she finally looked up and gave me a quick tight lipped smile. "just one cause tomorrow we have a big day ahead of us." i smile before grabbing her hand and taking us towards her room.

"what movie are we watching?" she asks as soon as we enter. "moonraker." i respond making her eyes light up.

"that's my favorite movie." i chuckle while shaking my head. "i know. you practically know every line of the movie." 

i get on her bed making her follow. "friday play moonraker please." immediately the film starts playing.

i wrap my left arm around her stomach and leave my head on her chest. "i discovered that he had a crush on me." she mumbled along with the movie.

"alex can you promise me something." i look up meeting her eyes. "yes, anything."

"no more doing bad things, killing people to be exact. you were a kid doing those things." i look back at the movie.

"i know. i was so upset that my whole family was gone, you know, rage consumed me."

"i lost my family too." she whispered making me sit up to face her, "what do you mean?"

"my family,  alexei, melina, yelena. everything i do is for them and you guys. you're both my family and i love you very, very much."

"is yelena your sister?" she nods with tears in her eyes but with a small smile. "what was she like."

"oh, you would love her. she's a very funny, sarcastic, loving individual. you two would  get along just right."

"maybe when we bring everyone back we can all hang out." 

"we had a secret whistle too. since we were kids." she smiles recalling those times. "oh yeah? how'd it go."

~~~
"promise me one more thing," i nod, "promise me you'll find love, alex, don't close yourself off."

"i mean the cute girl from my geometry class got blipped and when they come back they'll still be teens." i shrug, "ooh also whoever comes back and is my age now would be weird cause they're technically older than what they are." i shrug while she laughed.

"i love you auntie nat, i'm glad i have you right now."

"i love you too alexandria." she whispers while hugging me tight.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
present:

a teardrop falls from my eye as i stare at my reflection on the tv. i wipe the tear before sitting up off the couch.

i walk into the kitchen leaning on the frame and hear my dad on the phone with nathan while kate translates since his hearing aids are broken.

"it's okay if you can't come home for christmas, daddy. we understand." i push my body off the frame and stand next to kate.

"we're gonna be there buddy. you know we're gonna be there like we said right? i'm very happy to hear your voice. i promise to buy you a big big present but we gotta go okay?" kate looks up at me with sad eyes.

i move my fingers signing to my dad to say 'i love you' at the same time as me. "i love you." we respond at the same time.

"i love you too alex, love you too dad."

"bye buddy."

"thank you." clint nods at kate. "yeah." she said before walking off. i follow her into the living room.

"hey," i catch her attention making her stop walking, "that was very sweet of you to do."

"y-yeah, thank you," she stuttered out, "are you okay though? i tried catching your attention but you were zoned out."

"yes, i'm all right." she nods not very convinced, "cmon." i wrap my arm around her shoulder, "let's go fix the old man's hearing."