zillow

january 2nd

kate's been awfully quiet this morning. during breakfast she ate silently while everyone else conversed.

right now she was sat on the couch, watching me play, while fiddling with her fingers as i played gta.

"i'm airing this bitch out!" i exclaim at cooper, who sat beside me, exploding the store full of people trying to mug me.

my thumb twitched, accidentally making me shoot the ground, and we all blow up and die. huffing i pass the remote to cooper and scoop up kate who released a squeal being caught off guard.

closing the door with my foot i drop kate onto the bed with me hovering over her, "what's wrong?"

"what makes you think somethings wrong?"

"i'm not an idiot, kate, you've been quiet. usually in the mornings you'd have a giant burst of energy like when we were in new york."

"new york." she whispered, pushing my body making me lay on my back and onto the bed.

"new york." i nod slowly leaning up on the bed. "i have to go back."

"what? why?" i ask getting nervous.

"i... i have to go back because i go back to college and since my mom is in jail i'm next on the throne for bishop security."

i sat in silence not knowing what to think. my mind was foggy and felt like a blur as if it was trying to slowly process it.

"please say something." she begged but i still sat quiet, deep in thought.

"i don't want this to end," her finger waved between the two of us, "but i cant, we cant. i have a life there you have a life here- i can't take you away from your fami-"

"i'll go with you." i decide matter-of-factly.

"what? no you can't- you, you have to stay here. your life is here, your family is here, your memories are here."

"i can make new ones." i turn to face kate who had tears in her eyes, "i want to make new ones with you. i have no life here. i'm not an avenger anymore, i dropped out of school."

wiping the tear out her eye i gave her tight lipped smile.

"maybe i can start fresh, with you, the dog," she giggled and leaned her head on my shoulder, "maybe i can go back to school, who knows."

"but what i know is that i want to be with you, kate."

"really? you're willing to follow me all the way to new york?"

"yeah." i whispered giving the crown of her head a kiss.

"okay, let's do it." she lifted her head off my shoulder and looked me in my eyes.

"yeah?" i asked with a small voice.

"yes." she nodded before giving me a kiss on the cheek.

dragging me down onto the bed, she cuddled into my side, allowing my right hand to play with her hair. her lavender scent flowing through my nose.

"we need an apartment." her voice muffled but tickled my chest.

"we can look for that right now."

the archer quickly sat up and reached for her phone and mines that was set to the side. 

"zillow.com." i smirk typing it onto my phone.