belova

as we walked through the building, placing bombs as we go, we stopped when we heard a small bang.

"get down." he whispered. i nodded getting down on the floor while he flipped the switch on his bow, his thumb hovering over the detonate button on the bombs.

i looked over waiting for someone to pop up until kazi showed up. clint didn't get a chance to react until kazi dropped him to the floor. "i'm gonna enjoy this very much." he breathed while taking off his sweater.

sliding on the floor i swipe his legs making him lose his balance and falling on the floor. he quickly recovered watching as clint put me behind him.

"i told you to stop."

kazi picked up a chain swinging at clint. dodging and punch kazi ended up on top him. diving for his bow i press the button detonating all the bombs we placed.

running up to him, before his fist could land on clint's face, i wrapped my arms around his waist pulling him up then dropping backwards full force making him hit his head. "muscle training was definitely worth it."

"you're right, kazi. that was fun." he breathed out as i follow him out. we turned our heads to see a bunch of tracksuits running at us with guns.

"this is some christmas." i grumble reaching into my coat for my grappling hook. "i'm right behind ya." he jumped out the window wrapping his bow in the wire while i aim towards the top of the tree. when the hook connected to the top my body swung into the tree, making me release a grunt.

"dad, you good?" i yell after hearing him grunt and slide down the tree.

"yeah, yeah i'm fine." he yelled back. i try lifting my body up but fail with the weight of the tree dropping me down.

i look forward and back up but do a double take when i see an owl. it tilted is head staring with wide eyes while cooing. "hey." i whisper looking at the cute furry animal, smiling when the owl turns it's head more.

"clint, alex where are you?"

"we're right here." he responded.

"where's 'here' clint?"

"in the tree." i respond trying to hold my body upwards.

"what tree?" she asked confused.

"the big ass tree in the middle of these buildings!"

"what are you doing up there?"

"im just hangin' out, what do you think?"

"mmm, just sight seeing, except i can only see these colorful lights and an owl." we both respond sarcastically.

"kate, where's our backup?" clint asks while i look down seeing them in their costumes.

we both chuckle, "we're all gonna die."

"rest in peace alexandria cora barton. i lived a good-" " i need you guys to hold on tight."

"no offense kate, but what do you think we've been doing these past 10 minutes?"

"wait, wait. what do you mean?" clint asked concerned.

"i'm gonna get you out of that tree." she replied confidently.

"no, no, don't do anything. kate?"

"we're seriously dying tonight." i mumble already giving up.

"you want me to say 'on my signal'?"

"kate, please don't do anything." clint begs while i silently pray hoping we don't die.

"all right, i won't say it then." the tree began getting wobbly as it moved from side to side.