getting ready

it's been a couple days after i've been released. nearly a week after everything's happened; pepper was true to her word and added security guards, eli and i have to be practicing to get our strength back, and kate has been back and forth from school and her work.

peter, eli and i were currently playing call of duty black ops 2 on zombie mode.

"peter, get the mystery box." i tell him. his character runs over to the box while eli and i shoot the zombies coming our direction.

when it was my turn i ended up with the ray gun, "oh, these zombies are going back 6 feet under."

we were blasting everyone when a rather fast and hard knock banged on my door. we paused the game and eyed each other.

"who the hell is that?" eli whispered.

"i got it." peter tried to stand up but we dragged him back down on the couch.

"sit down, kid." eli sassed and he scoffed. "you do know we're all nearly the same age, except i got blipped."

"yeah, you got blipped, so we're older now. i got it." eli was about to protest but i waved her off, "you've got a weak arm."

"and you got a hole in your stomach. like that rumor where if you eat too much takis, your stomach leaves a gigantic hole."  i looked at her with a smirk and raised brow.

"actually i've heard of that. i was actually scared about it." she nodded along and another bang was heard except more harsh.

i sighed and grabbed my gun. i quickly unlocked the door and swung it open, pointing it.

"jesus christ, alex! why do you have a gun?!" i huffed and lowered it.

"who was it?" eli and peter walked up to the door cautiously.

"oh, good! can you guys help us?" i looked over at kate's friends, jane and greer, who were holding piles of suits.

kate, jane and greer each pushed a bunch of clothes into our hands. kate accidentally pushed too far and fast, and punched my gut near the wound. 

i huffed and grunted in pain. "oh, i am- i am so, sorry, baby."

"when i get a punch to the gut instead of a hello kiss." i huffed out with a wheeze. she gave me a sorry smile before placing her hands on my cheeks and giving me a soft kiss.

"thank you." i sung out. when we got to the room peter, eli and i dropped everything on our bed and looked over it.

"okay, what's all this for?" peter asked her, with his arms crossed and eyebrows raised with a curious expression.

"are you playing dress up, founding father themed?" i asked completely confused. kate gave me a look as she tumbled through the clothes.

"did you forget about the party?" i squinted my eyes as if was gonna help me remember, "today is the party so present me as the new CEO of bishop security!"

"oh, yes! i-i do remember that!" i laughed nervously with a nod.

eli then sniffed the air and we turned to her with confused faces. she then looked at us and said, "bullshit."

i rolled my eyes with a scoff, "snitch."  kate gasped and slapped my arm, "peter, eli. help alex find a suit, and make it match mines!"

kate lifted up a sparkly dark purple dress, while jane and greer snatched up all the makeup, on kate's vanity, and hair products and ran out the room and into the spare.

"okay, well. these are all the same color?" i say completely confused while the three of us picked up a suit in our hands.

"spot the difference?" eli asked.