stress reliever

"eli, i need your help." i whispered to the brunette who was stuffing her face with powdered donuts.

she quickly turned her head, making powder fly off her chin and onto her coat. "what's up."

"remember you said you know people who can lead you to whoever sent those photos to me?"

she nodded and wiped her hands on a napkin, turning her body to pay attention.

"is it possible for them to find some old documents? i know it may be illegal but they'd do me a favor."

"oh, yeah. i got you. what do you need help finding?" she smirked at me with her eyebrows raised.
...
"lila. wake up." i whisper shouted at the girl as i shook her violently.

"what do you want, alex." she grumbled as she opened her eyes to shoot me a glare. "it's early."

"i need help picking an outfit. plus, it's 2 in the afternoon."

she quickly shot up in bed, nearly hitting me in the process.

"why didn't you wake me up earlier, alex? god, my sleep schedule is so messed up right now."

"well," i dragged out the word as i grabbed her hands and yanked her up causing the girl to yelp, "i tried waking you up earlier, but you wouldn't budge. plus, i even tried putting peanut butter on your face so lucky could lick it off."

she quickly swiped two fingers across her cheek and dragging it down to her jaw before looking at me in disgust.

"is that why my face is sticky?!"

"mm, yes and no. you need moisturizer, honey. now get up. i need a good outfit for my date in an hour."

"where is kate at? and why couldn't you get your friend eliza or even the peter guy?"

i shuffled clothes out of the closet and onto the bed, some hangars hitting lila in the face.

"well, if eli or peter help me change, 1, i'd look like a lesbian straight out of hot topic, or 2, tracy morgan in the longest yard."

"and kate couldn't help you pick an outfit, why?"

"because," i dragged out the words again as i tossed black jeans on the bed, "ruby is helping kate pick her outfit at ruby's place."

"why do you sound like that? why're you emphasizing your words? you sound like a pre-school teacher talking to her students when they don't understand."

"just help me pick something, lila! i want to look good."

"so, what, i'm just gonna help you pick everything out for your dates, with kate? lex, i'm not gonna be here to help you everytime."

"yeah, well, you're here now. and i know you won't be here for the next, but this one is special, and i wanna make it right for her."

"you're not gonna propose, are you? i mean, i'm not against it, but don't you think it's a little too early-"

"lila! the outfit."

"right, yeah, sorry."
...
"wow, don't you look clean, barton. you look sick but at the same time you look like the crooked man."

"how do i look like the crooked man?" i questioned with my eyebrow raised and hands on my hips.

"i don't know, i guess your height." eli shrugged and snatched a water bottle from peters hand, "aye, doesn't she look like the crooked man?"

"i'm not tall, you're just really short. miss 5'2 with some attitude."

she gave me an unimpressed look before smirking at peter, "you thinking what i'm thinking, parker?"