yeehaw

"look babe, i'll be back soon enough. i'm fine, just had a little panic attack."

"you're slurring your words. are you drunk?" i opened and closed my mouth thinking of words, "yes, but i'm with a trusty adult."

"show me the so called 'trusty adult.'" i turned the camera to my grandma who was passed out with a magazine on her chest and a cup of whiskey in her hand.

"see. i'll be back soon."

"come back, please. i'm worried."

"don't worry, sweetheart. everything is a oka-" i stopped when i crashed into the table, slamming my pinkie toe on it, "motherfucker."

"what? what was that?"

"i gotta go. i'll be back soon." i blew a kiss before she could say anything else, hanging up. sighing i drop my phone on the couch and flop down in between derek and amelia.

"was the carnival shit about natasha?" amelia asked and gave me a sympathetic look when i nodded.

"you want to smoke it out?" derek offered which i shook my head. "nah. i promised her i wouldn't smoke, and we know i don't break my promises."

we drank until we were slightly more tipsy. "how did you guys get over seeing uncle chris... get shot?"

amelia sighed and looked at me, "well, ever since we experienced that i've been scared of loud sounds. uh, i popped firecrackers until i got over my fear of the loud sounds. once that was over i had derek and ryan's support through it all."

"you need kate, lex. you can't do it without her." derek said to me with a sad smile, "you can't run away from your problems."

"pfft. who said i was running away from my problems?"

"sweetheart, you ran away after having a panic attack after riding a ride, and you left everyone at the carnival to come drink your sorrows away." nana said, now fully awake and sipping her drink.

"yes, thank you, grandma, for that clarification-"

"no problem sweetheart."

"-but i'm fine."

"lex, if you're not okay, that's oka-" "no, i'm fine. i'm always fine, don't you know that?"

i sighed and raised my hands, "you guys mind if i stay here for the night? my parents would kill me if i drove drunk."

they nodded and i made my way to the guest bedroom. when i laid on the bed i stared at the ceiling and closed my eyes.

"hey, auntie nat. if you can hear me, or see me, what am i supposed to do? i need help and you're the only one i would talk to about it but you're not here!"

"i'm always here, my love." sitting upwards, there was the redhead.

"you're not real. this isn't real. i'm drunk out of my mind."

"technically i am here. i'm in your mind and heart, i'm always roaming around here, your guardian angel."

"i miss you so much. i want nothing more than to be in your arms again. i think i'm going crazy, oh, god. i'm going crazy. you're dead, what's happening to me."

"you're not crazy, honey. i'm with you. im- im..."

"you're supposed to be in heaven. why are you here? if you're here why don't you go see yelena?"

"you're the only one who can see me-" "because i'm going insane!" "-because i have unfinished business, with you."

"what?"