why so serious?

it's been two weeks since i left new york to romania. nick fury assigned agent o'connell to protect me. my own personal body guard. yippee.

i haven't been in contact with kate yet and hopefully she assumed i was busy.

i'm currently sat on the couch eating cereal and watching jersey shore, while charlie was in the corner doing push ups.

"could you put the volume down." charlie questioned, not even stopping her movements.

"yeah." i clicked the volume button twice making it decrease in sound slightly.

"you didn't even lower it." she grumbled as she stood up. the blonde streaks of hair stuck all over her forehead and neck, "anyone could hear it and might get suspicious."

"oh, yeah. 'cause watching tv on full blast is suspicious." i sarcastically replied with an eye roll.

"i'm serious, barton."

"why so serious, francine smith? you could loosen up a little, you know."

"i have a mission to complete." she deadpanned before taking a large swing of her water bottle.

"so what if you were more laid back? you'll still finish your mission... whenever sam and bucky figure it out."

"well, what do you want me to do?"

"chill," i shrugged, "smile more, talk more. you're like the terminator; no emotion."

the blonde shifted on her feet and gave a more friendly posture. she attempted to smile which came out like more of a demonic grin.

"oh, okay. try and ease it up a bit. don't force it too much."

she nodded and relaxed her face more. "teeth or no teeth?"

"teeth." she nodded and opened her mouth a bit.

"see." i gestured a hand towards her and crossed my legs, "you have a pretty smile. beautiful dimples too."

"you have dimple too, yeah?" i nodded at her question and popped a smile revealing the small dimples in the corner of my lips.

"do you think people without dimples get that buzzy feeling when you eat something sweet?"

i hummed not really knowing what to say. "how do you wind up working with fury?"

"uh, to be honest, i have no idea. not really much depth to it, fury just recruited me when i was street fighting." she shrugged.

"street fighting, huh? so you can fight. cmon, show me what you got, o'connell."

"really?" she chuckled with her eyebrows raised and arms crossed over her chest.

"yeah. i'm a little rusty." i cranked my neck and she smirked.

"didn't you fight a bunch of HYDRA agents two weeks ago?"

"yeah, but that was light work. you, on the other hand, a street fighter? hell, i might end up pinned to the floor."

her tongue poked through her lips as she eyed me, deciding if she wanted to spare, "fine."

we moved stuff around the living so we could have a large space without accidentally bumping into stuff... or hitting your pinkie on the coffee table.

"okay, just a heads up-" charlie stopped mid sentence when i swung on her ribs. she quickly used her forearm to block it and looked at me with wide eyes.

"that was rude."

"you gotta catch them off guard." i shrugged with a smirk. charlie squinted her eyes with a smirk on her face.