apartment

"you're... fuckin' kidding." i mumble looking down at my phone staring at the large numbers.

wells fargo
alexandria cora barton   

$150,792.00              
7013xxxxxx

"exactly what i said." my dad said as he drove us to the airport.

"damn shield paid good as hell then." i murmur, closing my phone and leaning my head back, scooting up on the seat.

"well, nat was one of the best agents."

kate had fallen asleep once we set in the car, since we had to leave early to catch our flight because we had an appointment to look at the apartment at 1:30 pm.

"here we are." my dad said as we pulled up at the airport, parking on the side of the departures for people to unload.

shaking kate awake, we exit the car, "all right, if anything bad happens, kingpin, tracksuits, yelena, call me and i'll be here fast."

grunting as i take kate and i's duffel bag i turn to him.

"yeah, we will. don't worry i already came prepared."

grabbing the two cases with a lock i lift them up to show them, "bow and arrow, plus gun with ammo."

"how are you gonna pass that through security?" kate asked with tired eyes.

"a license, of course. and paying extra cause this is extra 'luggage'."

he nodded and looked at the both of us.

"you got everything? wallet? passport? phone? charger?"

chuckling i shake my head, "yes, dad, we've got everything."

he smiled and wrapped me in a hug then one with kate, "be careful. i love you guys."

"i love you too dad."

"oh my god, my favorite avenger said he loved me." kate whispered flabbergasted.

"you know it still hurts i'm not your favorite."

rolling her eyes she picked up the case with our weapons as i grabbed our duffel bags.

"bye dad. make sure cooper doesn't go snooping through my room."

"i won't. text me when your plane lands so i know you made it there safe." he smiled and waved at us before getting in his truck and driving away.

once we had our weapons checked out, our bags taken, and going through TSA, we made our way towards the gate.

"you hungry?" i ask kate, stopping in front of a mcdonald's.

"yes." she breathed out, dragging my hand towards it getting a laugh out of me.

after eating we got on the plane, which only took two hours and 40 minutes, we got to the uber and towards the building we wanted to arrive at.

"hey, grills." we smiled at the tall man, which he returned but wider.

"hey! i didn't know you guys were back? are the tracksuit guys back?" he asked stepping aside to let us in.