new avengers?

"belova, seriously, are you trying to kill me?" i groaned as i shook my head to shake off the ringing in my ears.

"i already told you. no!" she sassed with an eyeroll as she pushed her ears in and out rapidly to wear off the ringing.

"just 'cause our ears are ringing, doesn't mean we can't hear you, bubbles." eli said as she dusted herself off.

"if i'm bubbles, you're mojo jojo!"

"hey, stop! we need to evacuate." peter said loudly, briefly stopping their banter. i looked around the round until my eyes landed on kate.

"hey, are you all right?" i asked, giving her my hand to pull her up. which she took, slowly lifting herself upwards.

"this is a mess," she whined sadly, "nothing can ever go right. am i a curse? am i just a bad luck charm?"

"hey, no. you're not a curse. you, kate bishop, are a blessing and a good luck charm. everything around you is what's a curse trying to bite you like a snapping turtle."

the raven haired woman giggled slightly before she turned serious again, "come on. we gotta get you out of here."

i whistled at my friend and they all came running towards me. i cocked my head towards the stairs and we all bolted it. well, everyone minus kate and ruby, bolted it but were slowed down by the two woman's heels.

when we made outside it was pure chaos. people were running and screaming trying to get away from the armed men scanning each one of them.

"where is alex barton!" one of the men growled. we all widened our eyes and now everyone's eyes were on me.

"bitch, what in the fuck did you do?" eli said earning a slap on the head from ruby, "she didn't do anything... right?"

i pushed everyone behind a pillar so i can speak to them. by them, it was everyone minus yelena. she probably dipped the first chance she got.

"look, i have no idea, who or why, those guys are looking for me, but i have a plan."

"all right, let's hear it." eli encouraged me, waiting for my response.

"you guys go home. i'll deal with this." i sighed heavily.

"what? no, you can't just, you can't- you can't do this alone." kate shook her head rapidly, "it wasn't a question, kate. you're going home."

she tried to argue back but i cut her off, "peter, take them home."

"come on, guys." he put a hand on each on kate and rubys shoulder. the only difference between the two was that kate protested, but was found unmatched to peters strength.

"eli, you too. go." she shook her head and crossed her arms, peaking over the pillar and at the men who were still looking for me.

"nah. we'll fight together. you're my family."

"that's sweet; really warm and fuzzy, but i can't let you get hurt... again."

"as taylor swift once said, shake it off, honey plum. either you wind up in a coffin, or i can help you and we come home with a scratch or two."

she looked me in the eyes, desperate for me to answer and i groaned, "we're gonna get scolded when we come back."

"okay, i have a plan." eli breathed out with a cocky grin.

we went over the plan before i got into place. i was taking off my blazer when i heard someone whisper out to me, "psst. barton."

i looked to my left and there was yelena in a white suit and black vest. she had her widows bite around her wrist and many weapons on her body.