1 • First Meeting

This is my very first Camilo story ever and so far, I'm liking it. And I hope you do too. I'm not sure how many parts there will be of this but I guess we will see. I ain't Bruno. Sorry about the titles too btw, I'm not very good at naming things. If there are any hate comments to me or anybody including Camilo or other users they will be deleted. Happy reading and Good night/morning/afternoon!

Your Pov
Everytime I walk through the town of Encanto, I notice more and more colors. The different shades of reds, blues and yellows. I notice the hard-work people put into this wondrous place to make it what it is. I notice the cheerful adults and children as they dance and sing. As I watch people expressing their joy it puts a smile on my face. "(Y/n)." Alejandra says, snapping me out of my thoughts. Alejandra is the little girl I babysit for some extra pocket money. She's very sweet but can be a bit of a handful. "What's up Ale?" I ask, using her nickname. "Can we go to the lake? I promise to behave." I give her a loving smile.

"No sweetie, not today. We have to go to the market to pick up things for dinner, and after we eat, your mami is going to pick you up and you guys are going to go to Antonio's birthday tonight. You can't miss that, he's gonna get a special gift." I whisper that last part and give her a wink. She shows me her big grin and does a little hop of happiness. "You're right! I'm excited!" She yells. As we near the outdoor market, I pick up Alejandra to make sure not to lose her. We look around each booth as I spot the one I want. "Hi! Can I have 2 carrots, 3 corn stocks, and a thing of celery please? Thank you." I ask while watching the guy running the booth put my groceries into a bag. "10 pesos please." He says.

I reach into my pocket and hand him the money. I take the bag of food and walk out of the market full of people. I set Alejandra down and recount the money, making sure I gave him the right amount. "Shoot, I was off 2 pesos. Ale, I need to stay right here, ok? I won't even be a minute." I tell her. I run back into the crowd and to the booth. "I'm sorry sir, I gave you the wrong amount." I double check the money in my hand this time to make sure I'm not mistaken. "Thank you miss, have a nice day." He says back. I manage to get out of the crowd that seems to be growing every second.

I look up and down the street realizing Alejandra isn't where I had left her. I feel panic starting to rise throughout my body as I spin around in a circle trying to spot her. "Alejandra!" I shout, hoping to get a response. I start to freak out, showing it on the outside little by little. "Yeah! That's so cool!" I hear as a wave of relief hits me. I run across the street and turn the corner to see Alejandra clapping and jumping. "Alejandra! I told you to stay put! You scared me more than ever! Don't ever do that again!" I almost yell. I bend down a little and pick her up again. She gives me a sad face and tilts her head down.

"I'm sorry (Y/n). But Camilo was doing cool tricks! He's a Madrigal! He can shapeshift!" She exclaims, getting back into her happy mood, pointing towards Camilo. I turn my head and meet his gaze. I always did want to meet a Madrigal and was fascinated by their magic. I've seen them from afar and in pictures but I don't think I ever noticed how.. attractive he was. How his brown eyes go perfectly with his shining curly hair. How his freckles are so subtle on his mocha skin but accents his face wonderfully. "H-Hi. I'm sorry if she was interrupting anything." I manage to get out. He chuckles softly. "Oh no worries. I was on my way back to Casita anyway." He smiles lightly and there's a shimmer in his eyes.

"We're going to Casita tonight too! For Antonio!" Ale blurts out. His smile grows and walks a little closer. "Is that so? Well I hope to see you there Alejandra and..." He looks from her to me, making me feel nervous as I stare into his eyes. "(Y/n). And, um, If it's not too weird, I wanted to say I think your face is great. Gift! I think your gift is great!" I correct myself, hopefully quick enough to where he didn't hear the first part. He chuckles a little more. "Thank you." He says, this time his smile shows teeth. "I hope to see you there too, (Y/n)." He looks to the ground and back up to me one more time before walking past me.

"Oh and um, your face is pretty great too." He laughs while spinning around on one heel, heading back to casita. Once he's out of my vision, I face-palm into my hand. "Did I seriously say 'You have a great face?'" I ask, looking towards Alejandra. "Yep!" She beams and I roll my eyes while giving a small snicker. "Alright, let's get home and make you some dinner." I pick back up the groceries and we start on our way home.