13 • Marriage Pressure

Hey all! I wanted to say that I am oh so very grateful for all the views I've been getting! You all are so amazing! If there are any hate comments to me or anybody including Camilo or other users they will be deleted.

Camilo Pov
"What was that?" Tio Bruno asks, biting into an arepa. I sigh and shake my head. "Abuela must've been moving too fast. I'm gonna go check on her." I excuse myself from the table and clear off my plate.

Heading out the door, I'm stopped by Isabela. "Give her this, it's her favorite flower." She says and grows and hands me a lily. "Thanks." I jog out the door and run to her house.

I knock and creak the door open. "(Y/n)? It's Camilo." I walk in and close the door quietly. "(Y/n)?" I hear mumbling and see her door cracked a bit.

I look in and see her at her desk. "Marriage so soon..? No... That won't make room for.. But if this happens.." She just keeps fumbling and talking nonsense. "(Y/n)?" She turns around and looks afraid. "What's going on? Are you ok mi hermosa?"

I go up, set the flower on her desk and cup her face. "(Y/n), mi vida, everything's ok. I'm sorry if Abuela went too fast." She begins to calm down and her breathing slows.

"It's not just that. I don't want everything planned out for me. I would love to imagine you and me getting married someday but.. we're 15. I still have so much I want to do but the way Alma was speaking, it sounded like she wanted us to get married as soon as we become of age. I want to be able to do the things I want, when I want. I don't want tomorrow to be so predictable that I can't make any plans."

I let go of her and she stands up, beginning to pace around the room. "(Y/n), you know Abuela, she likes to expand the family. Yes she wants us to get married when we're older but nothing is set in stone. When or if I propose is when it'll happen. Plans will not be made about your future without your consent. Ok?"

She stops and looks me in the eye. "Ok?" I grab her hand and bring it up to my lips. She sniffles and nods. "Ok." I grab the lily on her desk and get on one knee.

"(Y/n), will you do me the honor and not marry me?" Lifting the flower up to her, she giggles and takes it. She traces the lines on it and smiles. "How did you know lilies were my favorite?" She asks and helps me up.

"Isa." I reply and she nods, wrapping her arms around me. I hook onto her and rest my head on hers. "Thanks for caring about me so much. The only other person who did was my mother."

She moves her face into my chest and tightens her grip. "Of course bonita. You're one of the best things to ever happen to me. I.. I love you." I say, hoping I'm not moving too fast.

She looks up to me and pauses for a second. Kissing me unexpectedly, she moves her hands to my neck. She pulls away and our foreheads connect. "Te amo mucho Camilo."

I peck her lips one more time and her smile grows wide. Her eyes sparkle and her touch is soothing. "(Y/n)?" We hear outside of the room.

"Oh, Ale is here. I would invite you to stay but Ale thinks you're stealing my attention." I chuckle and depart from our moment. "Then I better get going."

"I'll walk you out." I open the door for her and she leads me downstairs to the exit. "Hola Cindi. Hola Ale. I'll be right with you." She greets them.

We head out and stand on the stairs outside. "Um, if you would like, maybe later I can take you out on a little adventure..? Possibly a first date.?" Her face lights up and she grabs my hand.

"A first date? Sounds lovely." She kisses my cheek and heads back in the house, stopping in the doorway. "I'll swing by and get you later on tonight. Adios, mi amor."

I yell as she blushes and closes the door. I head back home and walk in to see the family waiting in the courtyard for me. "What?" I question, feeling a little worried.

"Dolores narrated everything for us. You two are so cute!" Mami squeals. I scoff and roll my eyes. "Dolores! What happens with me and (Y/n) is between us! And apparently you, you don't need to tell everyone!"

I stare at her with narrowed eyes. "Our mijo's going on his first date." Papi says proudly as I groan. "Guys, it's not a big deal! Leave it be!" Mami runs up to me and gives me a hug.

"But it is, and you seem so happy. Oh, mijo!" I give in and hug her back. "I am happy, but it's nothing to celebrate. Can you guys just be relaxed whenever she's over? I don't want to scare her off, and as you might've heard, no moving too fast."

They all nod and I kiss mami on the cheek. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get ready. Te amo." I begin my way upstairs. "I'll help!" Isabela yells.

"Me too!" Dolores jumps in quietly. "Oh no, guys please stay-" They race upstairs and into my room. "out of this." I sigh and shake my head, meeting them in my room.