17 • Risky Heights

I know this chapter is a bit of a short one but I hope you guys like it and are enjoying. Also, I know I haven't posted in a week but my writing has gotten a little slow. Much love! If there are any hate comments to me or anybody including Camilo or other users they will be deleted.

Your Pov
I take a minute before responding. "I um.. sure. But, why can't Casita help?"

"If they move their tiles it could hurt the poor thing. It's best not to take any chances." I nod understanding.

I get into the most sturdy stance I can and have her stand on my legs. "Ug, I can't reach. Can you get me higher?" I lift up her feet and begin to hold her with my hands.

"Bonita?" I hear as I transition my stance. I look over to the courtyard and see Camilo. "Milo?" I whisper. "Mirabel, Camilo's looking for me." I tell her, trying to get her to come down.

"Just one moment (Y/n). Can you get me closer?" I huff and lift her a little more. "(Y/n), what are you doing?! Get down! You're gonna hurt yourself!" Camilo yells up to me.

"A little more." Mirabel urges. The tiles under me feel like they're slipping. "Mirabel.." I try to warn her. "Got it!" She screams, causing me to startle.

My feet glide off the roof and I fall. Mirabel saves herself and grabs onto the railing but as I hit the ground everything goes black.

Camilo's Pov
"(Y/n)!" I shout running to her, but I'm too late. She hits the ground and doesn't move.     "(Y/n)?" I get on my knees and lift her head on my lap.

"Mi vida, please answer." I sweep the hair in her face away and cradle her. "Mi vida?" I repeat lightly. Tia Julieta comes to her aid and checks her pulse.

"She's still alive but she hit her head pretty hard. She might need some of my soup. Let's bring her to the couch." I pick her up and feel a tear roll down my cheek.

I set her down upright on the couch and sit next to her. "Mi vida." I whisper again, wiping away the tear. The doors burst open and the rest of la familia comes running through.

"Dolores told us what happened. Is she ok?" Mami asks. Another tear falls but I wipe it away quickly, trying to keep it in.

"She's gonna be fine. She hit her head but the soup is already on the stove." Tia says, putting her hand on my shoulder.

I don't turn my eyes from (Y/n). Her breathing is slow, very slow. I hold her limp hand and graze my thumb along her knuckles.

"What were you thinking? You may have been up on the roof a lot but (Y/n) could've gotten hurt so much worse. You-"

"Wait, what?" I interrupt and look over to see Dolores arguing with Mirabel. She's holding one arm and looking down to the floor.

"This is your fault?" I let go of (Y/n)'s hand and stand up. "Why would you take her up there? Did it not ever cross your mind that she could fall?"

My voice rising with every word, as I walk towards her. "Camilo." Papi tries to warn me, grabbing my arm. "I really am sorry, I just wanted to help the capybara."

She still doesn't look up. "So you're willing to risk somebody elses life to save an animal?" She finally turns to me.

"How was I supposed to know something bad was going to happen?!" She almost shouts. I grit my teeth.

"Just stop helping! (Y/n) could've died because of you! Doesn't that make you feel the slightest bit bad?!" Her lip quivers and I feel my father pull on my arm.

She holds her face in her hands and runs to her room. "Camilo, you're allowed to be mad. But this really isn't her fault. Mirabel would never intentionally hurt anyone."

Tio Bruno comes up to me. I walk back to the couch and wrap my arm around (Y/n). "Lo siento mi vida." I kiss her cheek and watch as her hair falls perfectly in line with her face.

"The soup is ready. Now, this won't wake her immediately but it will take away her injuries, so don't worry if she doesn't wake up."

She puts the bowl up to (Y/n)'s mouth and pours the soup slowly. (Y/n)'s breathing picks up a little, and she looks like she's sleeping rather than just unconscious.

I wipe another tear from my eye and pick her up. "I'm gonna take her to my room, thank you tia."

No one says anything as I walk up the stairs but I hear mami whisper to papi as I close my door. "I am so sorry mi amor." I say as I place her on my bed.

I crawl on as well and wrap my arm around her. "I promise, I won't let you get hurt again." I hold her close to me and slowly drift off to sleep.