16 • Family Defender

You'll understand why I'm saying this soon but I'm sorry if Sofia isn't close to your name. Also this story ends weird but I didn't know how to leave it. Thank you so much for all the reads and the 1K makes me feel so awesome that people actually are reading this. If there are any hate comments to me or anybody including Camilo or other users they will be deleted.

Your Pov
My eyes slowly open and I pull the blanket over me more. Cuddling into it, I realize I must've fallen asleep at Camilo's.

I widen my eyes and notice Camilo isn't anywhere around. I sit up straight, open the curtain and look through the dark room.

"Milo?" The room is eerily quiet until the door opens. "Oh, mi amor, you're awake. I was trying to be as quiet as I could. Lo siento if I woke you."

He has a tray in his hands and closes the door with his foot. He turns on the light but dims them quickly for my eyes to adjust. "Thank you but, no, you didn't.

And I didn't think you were an early riser." I tilt my head as he brings the tray over to me.

"Oh, I'm not. I only wake up early on days I have chores. Besides, I wanted to get you breakfast before you woke up." He places it in my lap and kisses me on the cheek.

"Gracias Mi Milo. But you didnt have to." He brushes my hair behind my ear and sits beside me.

"Of course I did, only the best for my girl." I smile and pick up an arepa on my plate. "I know you're a food lover too."

I split it in half and give him a wink. "Thank you but I got this for you, not me." He pushes my hand away but I force it back.

"Camilo. You have to eat in the morning." I tell him, sounding slightly worried. "I do eat in the morning, I just wanted to be sure that you got to."

I huff and set the arepa down, crossing my arms. "So you're gonna not eat so I can. No. Camilo, it's not healthy to not eat breakfast."

I whine and he raises a brow. "Fine. If it makes you happy..." He grabs it and takes a bite. "I'll eat." I smile and hand him the orange juice.

"Thank you mi amor." He takes a sip and sets it back down. Finishing off the arepa, we hear Alma call his name.

"I got to start on my chores. Make yourself comfortable and feel free to roam about. No one's gonna be home except Tia Julieta and Mirabel. Te amo mucho, adios mi hermosa."

He gets up and leaves, shutting the door behind him. I finish my breakfast and head down to the kitchen to clean off the tray.

Looking out the window in front of the sink, I see Camilo taking care of a baby. I stare at him for a little while, his maternal instincts giving me butterflies and making me fall more in love with him.

"(Y/n), right?" I hear someone ask behind me. I turn around and see Luisa. "Oh, yes. It's nice to meet you, we didn't really get a proper introduction at breakfast yesterday."

She grabs my hand and shakes it, crushing it a little. When she lets go, it feels sore. "I'm glad I get to meet Camilo's girl. Just remember, I can break you if you break his heart."

She says low and soft, getting close to my face. I chuckle a little nervously. "I understand being protective about family. But you don't have to worry about me. Camilo is very sweet and caring. He's funny and generous. I couldn't even think about leaving him."

She backs up and crosses her arms. Her intimidating expression turns into a smile. "It's nice to know I have nothing to worry about."

I quickly turn around and see Camilo in the back door way. "Hola mi hermosa." I blush and he walks over to me. "How much of that did you hear?"

He grabs my hands. "All of it. But thank you very much for the sweet words." He looks over my shoulder "And Luisa, don't try to scare her. She's not gonna hurt this family, you can see it in her eyes."

His gaze comes back to me and stares into my eyes. It stays silent for a while when Luisa speaks up.

"First, that was a little sappy, I'm not gonna lie. Second, what do you expect? I'm the family defender. Now, let's get back to work."

She passes by me and picks Camilo up by the waist, throwing him over her shoulder. He rolls his eyes and waves to me as they walk out the door.

I decide to relax and head back to his room. Opening his door I'm stopped my Mirabel.

"Hola! It's nice to see you again! Can you help me for a second? Thanks!" She says so quickly I don't have time to answer.

She grabs me by the wrist and pulls me onto the roof. Letting me go, I stay in one place and try to balance myself as she walks across with ease.

"Thanks for the help, I needed someone agile. Do you think.." She trails off and turns around to see me frozen in place.

"Sofia, is it? It'll be fine, I've walked this thing a bunch of times. Just put one foot in front of the other."

I stare at the tiles under my feet. Slowly, my foot comes up and I begin to walk to Mirabel. "I-It's-s (Y-Y/n)." I stutter.

Getting an understanding of where to move, I walk faster. "Oh, I'm sorry. Hey, you're getting the hang of it." She points out. "What did you need help with exactly?"

I ask, taking her hand and heading to a flatter part of the roof. "There's this poor little capybara stuck up here but I can't reach. Do you think you can help lift me up?"