11 • A Delayed Moment

That's right, the stories not over! By the way, I did give Mirabel her own door because if she is the gift it still doesn't make sense why she didn't get a room. Sorry for the minor spoiler but you were gonna know in, like, the next ten seconds. This is one of my favorite chapters so far ;) If there are any hate comments to me or anybody including Camilo or other users they will be deleted.

Your Pov
The town and family cheer with joy for our miracle has returned. "¡Vamos! To the doors!" Mirabel shouts. As the family trickles to their doors, one by one, they touch the handle and the door glows, restoring their rooms. Even Mirabel got a door this time.

Her door is engraved with a picture of her, arms crossed, eyes closed and little stars surrounding her. The glow is beautiful and bright. I stare at it all, taking it in when I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and see Pepa and Felix.

"Hola! We never got to meet properly with all that was going on. I'm Pepa and this is Felix, Camilo's parents. You can call me Mami Pepa though." I blush a little and brush my hair out of my face. "And me, Papi Felix."

I shake their hands and feel an arm snake it's way around my waist. "Mami, papi, this is (Y/n), mi novia." My blushing gets worse as I wrap my arm around him. "It's very nice to officially meet you." I say, looking up to Camilo's eyes.

"You know, Camilo said you were beautiful but I thought he was exaggerating. You're very gorgeous." "Mami!" Camilo practically screams, quickly turning his head towards Pepa. She laughs lightly.

"Alright, I get it. C'mon Felix, let's leave them be." She heads off but Felix stays. "It was a pleasure, keep him out of trouble. He's a handful." He snickers and leaves us. I look back at Camilo and he holds me with both arms.

"So, you think I'm beautiful, hm?" I tease him and he nods. "Of course mi hermosa." I rest my arms on his shoulders and play with a strand of his hair. "Well, if it's any consolation, tu tambien eres muy guapo." His smile lights up again and we lean in slowly.

"I thought you said you two weren't dating..?" We're interrupted and I hear Camilo sigh. I look down and see Alejandra. "Oh, well, Camilo and I talked and things just kind of happened." She purses her lips and stares at me with her wide eyes.

"Why don't you go play with Antonio and his animals?" Her face changes to a smile and she runs off. Camilo lets out a long breath. "Where were we?" He asks, beginning to lean in again.

I roll my eyes and pull myself in more. "(Y/n)!" Dolores says approaching us. "Ay! That's it. I'll be in my room." I laugh and walk up to Dolores. "What's up?" I ask.

"I wanted to see that you were alright. Also, this is my way of getting Camilo back for being all those years of sibling torture. Sorry if you were looking forward to that." She cringes a little and I shrug and smile.

"It's ok, waiting makes it more special anyway." She squeaks and nods, heading off to her new boyfriend Mariano. I look around and see people dancing, singing, eating and playing. The joy spreads to me but I didn't want to spend it alone.

I went up the stairs and knocked on Camilo's door. He opens it slightly. "Would you like to dance? I won't run this time." He chuckles and steps outside. "I'd love to dance." He takes my wrist and pulls me back down the stairs.

He spins me and grabs my other hand. "I'm glad we got to do this again. It feels nice knowing I got the best girl on the dance floor." My cheeks flush and he lifts my chin up. The song speeds up and I follow his steps.

His leg comes between mine. We get closer until my head is over his shoulder. We move in sync, back and forth and side to side, quickly, to the beats of the song. I swallow and feel butterflies in my stomach.

I move my head away and we make eye contact. His freckles are calming and his eyes are full of reassurance. We both go in and stop dancing as our lips connect. It's slow and passionate, not rough and rushed. His lips are soft and warm.

We detach from each other and take a deep breath. "Mm, that was um.. nice. It was good." I say. My butterflies have now gone wild and I feel myself shiver. "Yea, it was."

Camilo's Pov
Our lips disconnect and I feel her breath on my cheek. Her sweet scent makes me want to lean back in. "Mm, that was um.. nice. It was good." I nod in agreement. "Yea, it was." The music slows to a stop and I feel eyes on me, but I don't care.

I connect our lips again but this time I move my hands down to her waist as hers move to my neck. The kiss is longer but still filled with emotion. When we depart our foreheads touch.

Her eyes glide to the side and we turn our heads to see mi familia watching us. (Y/n) blushes intensely and I pull her into my chest, kissing the top of her head.