7 • Lake Incident

Hello! Hoping you all are enjoying the story! If there are any hate comments to me or anybody including Camilo or other users they will be deleted. Stay safe and healthy!

Your Pov
"That would make me happy." I respond, giving him a sweet smile. "Hurry up! You guys are slow!" Shouts Ale. I chuckle a little and look at Camilo. "I bet I can beat you there." He says. "Over my dead body." I tell him competitively. He stands there for a second and then bolts. I smirk and run after him. "You got a head start, that's cheating!" I yell at him.

"That's not cheating, that's clever!" He shouts back. I see him laugh and he suddenly stops. I run past him but I see why he's paused. I stop as quickly as I can before crashing in the lake. I sink close to the bottom and swim back up. I spit out all the water that's managed to get into my mouth. "Pleh! Gross!"

Both Camilo and Alejandra run up to the edge of the lake and explode with laughter. "Ha ha very funny. Mind helping a friend and babysitter out." I ask, holding out a hand for him to help. He calms down to snickering every couple seconds and takes it. "I'm sorry. But in my defense, you flailing in just made my day." He says, still having some laughs escape his lips.

"You know, I hope karma comes back and bites you in the butt." I mumble ringing out my shirt. "Looks like it already did." Ale says, grabbing both of our attention. She points towards the back of his ruana and he turns it. We both see a big rip in the corner. "Oh no. No." He whispers so lightly that I can barely hear him. He sighs and turns it back straight.

"Sorry, it's just, I love this ruana. Mami has made all of mine for me since I was a baby." He tries to put on a smile but I can tell it's fake. "Hey, it's alright. I can fix it, I'm great at sewing." I offer, this time, ringing out my hair. "Oh, well I wouldn't want you to go through too much trouble. It's okay." I roll my eyes and chuckle a little.

"There's no worries. I'd be happy to." I walk up and put my hand on his shoulder. He turns to me and we lock eyes. "(Y/n). You smell like a dead fish." My mouth drops and I furrow my brows. I playfully hit him and start my way home, all the while he laughs his butt off. "But (Y/n)! We didn't even get to stay long!"

Alejandra runs up to me and shouts, Camilo catching up behind us. "I'm sorry Ale. But, I'm soaking wet and we have to fix Camilo's ruana. I promise, we'll go the next time you come over." She makes a "humpf" sound and crosses her arms.

"You're wet and shivering. Here." Camilo points out and begins to take off his ruana. "Oh no. I'm fine. Besides, I'll just make it smell like dead fish." He closes his eyes and shakes his head, putting it over mine. "Camilo, it's gonna-"

"I'll wash it. And, it's already ripped. Might as well sew and wash it. It could use a refresh." He states, flashing me his contagious smile. "Well, thank you then. I'll be gentle with it." I assure him. He looks different with it missing. He just doesn't seem like Camilo without it.

"Are you two dating?" Ale asks, causing us to stop in our tracks. "Oh, um, no hun. We're just friends." I answer and Camilo put his arm around me, head over my shoulder. "But hopefully one day..?" He questions, turning his gaze to me. I purse my lips, raise a brow and tilt my head a little. Taking a finger, I turn his head the other direction.

"MAYBE one day. But for now, we're just friends." I emphasize on the maybe. He backs away and gives me a smirk. We continue on our way back to the house and I make sure to ring out as much water as I can before walking in. "Are you coming?" I ask Camilo as he just stands outside. "Aren't you afraid of me snooping and finding some nooks?" He inquires with a smug face.

I give a loud sigh and grab his wrist, pulling him in. "Do you mind watching Ale for like 10 minutes by yourself? I want to take a shower." He nods and Ale runs up to the couch, jumping on it. "Thanks. Ale. Be good." I widen my eyes at her and she stops jumping, nodding in my direction.

Camilo's Pov
(Y/n) heads into the bathroom and I turn to Alejandra. "What do you want to do, little one?" I ask her, sitting down on the couch. "(Y/n) and I love to play hide and seek!" She says a little loud. "Alright, I'll seek, you go hide." I scruffle her hair and head to the corner, counting to ten. "Where is she?" I walk around the living room and see her nowhere.

Walking down the hall, I see all of (Y/n)'s family photos. But the only ones she's in are when she was a little girl. She doesn't even look twelve in some of these. Some are taken with her mother, the rest are of her and her brother and father. She's smiling but at the same time she doesn't look happy. 'What happened?' I think to myself.

"I thought you were looking for me?" Ale says, scaring me a bit. She's got a frown on her face. "Sorry Ale, I got a little-" I'm interrupted by a knock on the door. "C'mon, let's see who knocked." She looks down but grabs a hold of my hand. I open the door and see Cindi.

"Oh! Camilo Madrigal. I had no idea you'd be here. I came to pick up Alejandra. Is (Y/n) home?" She lets herself in and bends down to pick up Ale. "Yes, I was just over and she asked me to watch her for a minute or two while she showered."

"Oh, well, I'm in a bit of a hurry. Can you give this to (Y/n) please? Thank you." Cindi says, giving me some pesos to hand to (Y/n). "Bye Camilo!" Ale shouts. I give her a small wave and close the door after them.