Finn

Kneeling on the ground, Finn reached and caressed the soil that once held rich harvest with his slender fingers. Now, it was barely producing enough to feed him and his father. His mother, Alana, died due to giving birth to him, but his father, John, took great care of him. They weren't noble, but with their crops and cattle productions, they lived an easy enough life.

But that all was changing with the soil slowly dying.

"Do you feel anything?" His father said behind him.

Finrael, AKA Finn, was born under very curious conditions. A thunderstorm. His father told him that, as he was pushed out of the womb, a bolt of lightning struck down and split a walnut tree clean in half, and then after that, the storm just stopped, everything calmed. Later growing up, Finn discovered that he could sense things around him that others couldn't, he could almost feel the forest near his home vibrate. He felt everything around him, it was like this pleasant buzzing he felt run through him. When he shared that with his father, he was scared of rejection because he knew what that meant. He had a magical ability and in Lucktov, it was a death sentence. But his father had just loved him more because of it and they both cherished his gift while being careful of prying eyes.

" Yeah, it's there but growing faint. It's definitely less powerful than last year" Finn responded, eyes still closed.

"Well that's not good" His father exclaimed while running his hand through his balding head. It was clear that they would have to work double the amount last year if they wanted to have a chance at producing a good enough harvest. Finn stood up and looked at his father. Now at twenty years of age, he barely reached his father's height. he grew to have a very delicate yet masculine figure. Soft lips, dark hair, eyes of a startling vibrant green, and his delicate face categorized him as one of, if not, the most beautiful man in his village. He caught many eyes, men and women who were after his hand, but he somehow wasn't interested in their advances. It felt somehow wrong as if his heart already belonged to someone else.

"We will need to double the workload if we want to sustain the next winter"

Finn grew anxious at that idea. last winter hadn't been their greatest, with his father being bedridden and barely enough food to feed them, they had it rough. But with the knowledge that the next winter will be harsher, he was trying not to panic. instead, he opened his sense and let the friendly buzzing in the air engulf him in bliss. 

His moment was short-lived when his father spoke in a rather pained voice. " I might have to go to the city, to borrow some money to put aside for provisions in case we don't succeed before winter."

"Dad! No, you don't have to do that. we've never needed money before and I believe we will be in no need to borrow more. The earth is growing weaker, yes, but that doesn't mean it will not produce." Finn didn't want his dad to borrow money of any sort because the instant he did, the city's loan sharks will have a finger over their land and ask for an impossible amount in repayment.

" We don't have a choice, Finn," his father said softly, and Finn knew he was right, it was either clang onto a dying hope, or take a risk with more certainty.

"Then I will go instead of you"

"No, I can't let you do that," His father said, placing a gentle hand on his cheek, " It's so dangerous out there. I don't want anything to happen to you."

 Fin smiled fondly, His dad loved him greatly, and with Finn being 'Special', he barely went anywhere. Finn hadn't been to the city before and he so desperately wanted to go.

"I promise I will be very careful Dad! My ability is not even visible, no one will know!" He pleaded

 " Plus, I'm an adult now, it is time for me to visit some places and do stuff on my own."

His father sighed, and Finn knew he had his way. Tomorrow, he will be going to the city, and he was buzzing with happiness.