Chapter 3: Together Forever

By the time they all returned back to the Underground, the sun was at its descent. Sasha and Connie were joking around, their voices getting lost in the light rumble of the nightlife. Jean gripped half the bags, his muscles flexing as he struggled to carry the heavy loot. (Y/N) held the other half, shaking her head in amusement when she saw Jean's struggle.

"See, this is why we lift," (Y/N) said lightly. "It allows us to be able to carry heavy stuff."

"I do lift," Jean protested. "I'm just sore from yesterday's practice."

"Uh-huh."

Sasha walked ahead on the bridge that led to their alley, peering over the short distance at something below. She paused, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion. "Hey guys, I think you should see this."

(Y/N) walked over, looking at where Sasha pointed. There were two men, dressed up in the signature green uniform of the Sina Guard. The Sina Guard worked for the King and the palace, acting as enforcers and regulators to maintain the false sense of peace. What the heck were the guards doing in the underground? (Y/N) peered closer, spying a man that seemed to be from the underground nearby. He appeared frazzled and scared, his eyes shifting from each guard.

"Do you think they saw us today?" Connie asked, his voice hushed. "It can't be a coincidence that they come the day we sneak out."

"I wonder what they're here for," Sasha mused. "Look, one of them has an automatic rifle! Imagine the power we'd hold with one of them."

"I think we should raid 'em," Jean said. "They've come to our undercity and expect us to welcome them with open arms? We should take their guns. And those jewels around their neck. What type of pretentious king forces his guard to wear jeweled collars?"

"Shh, I'm trying to hear what they're talking about," (Y/N) shushed, leaning over the bridge to catch the faint whispers of the two guards.

"I told you...need this...stronger...pay up..." Those were the only words that (Y/N) could catch. She eyed them with curiosity, not sure what she should instruct the others to do.

"Yeah, I think we should go raid them," Sasha tugged on (Y/N)'s sleeve. "We can easily make another ten grand off those jewels and get an automatic rifle. We'll be rich and powerful!"

"I don't know if that's a good idea," (Y/N) scanned the nearby area. There was no one else there since most people were at the bars, drinking to forget the horrors of the day. The guards were in a pretty isolated area, far away from the public eye. If Sasha hadn't spotted them, she would have missed them too. (Y/N) could hear the faint bass from the nearby saloon and wondered if a better idea would be to just head over to the pawnshop. Neon green and blue lights began to shine brighter as the sun completely set.

Sasha pulled out her crossbow, angling it in front of her. "It'll be fine! I have tranquilizer darts that we can shoot to knock out the guards! I just need to be at a closer range for a better target."

"Sasha's right," Jean agreed. "It's not every day we find the Sina Guard in our territory. We know this place better than them. We can defeat them here, but not on the topside. This is a once in a lifetime chance, (Y/N). With the money we get from this, we don't even have to split it with the other groups. We can eat like kings for days."

(Y/N) clenched her jaw, going over the decision in her mind. Everyone had a valid point. "Alright. Let's head down, quietly. Once we're near, Sasha, take out the guards with your tranq gun. Connie, steal their weapons and make sure there're no trackers on them. Jean, you're in charge of the jewels. Everyone got it?"

"Got it!" The group echoed.

(Y/N) nodded and they all scaled the bridge, landing on the ground softly. Sasha edged towards where the guards were, her crossbow balanced in her arms. She kneeled behind a trash can, not even wincing at the putrid smell. She was a hundred percent concentrated, her eyes focused directly on the target. (Y/N) loved that about her. While Sasha could be cheerful and playful most of the time, she was one of the strongest girls that (Y/N) knew and a great asset to the team.