Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Maura's pov

I was very happy when I found out that I was accepted in Boston Cambridge University. It was great news, and I hoped that my parents would be proud of me. But at the same time, I felt kind of sad and a little bit worried that just in couple of months I would go to college and Jane wouldn't be there. Things would change drastically, I knew that, and I was afraid of that big change. It was milestone. Jane probably would find some new friends in college, and she would forget about me completely. She could probably manage getting along with everyone from college even without me being there, or at least she would do better than me because she's more social and carefree than I am. She's so much more friendly and likable. Everyone would love her, I knew that.

I was certain that things between us would change and it would affect our friendship – it was bound to happen. And I just couldn't let Jane go. Jane is my best friend and losing her was unthinkable. If it wasn't for Jane, I would have been really sad all the time. She's the one who's always comforting me, always there for me when I need her. When I am having a hard time in school I know she'll always be there to make me feel better. Going to high school isn't a walk in the park for me because I don't have any other friends than Jane, but she's enough for me. She means the whole world to me. She is the nicest person in the whole world and she is very supportive. All the time. About everything. And I just couln't imagine even one day without her; without seeing her, sharing stuff with her, listening to her advices.

After a bad day at school, I would curl up next to her in bed and she would sooth me up. Even though we study in different schools, we see each other all the time. We spend the rest of the day, and sometimes even the nights together. We are inseparable. We have spent so many countless nights curled up next to each other, talking, sharing everything about our days at school. I could always count on her. The thing about Jane is that she's like a rock – strong, independent; and I could always lean on her. She has her ways and when she's around, I am always calm and carefree. I forget all about my worries that I have in school when she's around. She's so funny even though her sarcasm isn't the best suit in her character, if you ask me. But we have our differences.

I love Jane so very much. That's why I was so nervous about going to college and going to different directions. I knew distance would kill our friendship – it was very likely to happen. Being away from Jane would be the hardest thing that I had to do in my life. We would grow apart with time as it happens in every relationship or friendship. She would find some new friends and she would be busy with college and stuff. I couldn't help thinking about my future without Jane in my life. Going to college meant a bright future ahead of me, which I really wanted, but losing Jane was making it less desirable, to put it mildly.