Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Maura's pov

Sex. It's something so simple, but not everyone sees it that way. Having sex with someone - people just make such a big deal out of it. But it's just a simple act. Intercourse that lasts a couple of minutes. Jane was wrong. She had her own vision about sex, but I couldn't understand her. For me, sex or love - it was all the same. What she said to me a few days ago didn't make much sense, and I don't mean her words, but the emotion which for her was different. In her vision having sex and making love are two different things, and in my vision both are just intercourse. It's as simple as that. A woman orgasms, not necessarily though, and it all ends. Nothing more, nothing less.

Everybody seemed to be so obsessed with sex. My classmates always brag about having sex, making such a big deal out of it. And me - I just wanted to get done with it. I wanted to have sex just so in college I wouldn't have to be a virgin anymore. And it's not such a big deal. Most of my classmates were making it into something huge and important, and I had no idea why. I just couldn't understand them. And they'd make fun of all the virgins as if that's something to mock people for. They made fun of me too. Of course I knew could lie to them that I am not virgin, but I get hives whenever I tell a lie, and I fear it would show. And then everybody would mock me even more than that. It could get only worse. So I usually try to ignore them as Jane says, but it's not very easy.

Some people are so mean at school. And I was sick and tired of being mocked. At least I had my best friend Jane. She was always there for me. But all I wanted was to lose my virginity. If I wasn't a virgin, my classmates wouldn't mock me about it. It was simple – I had to lose my virginity. And then a great idea occurred to me.

I called Jane because I wanted to see her and talk to her. My parents were away so we were all alone and Jane came in immediately after I invited her.

"Jane..."

"What's the emergency, Maura? I came here as fast as I could."

"I didn't say it was an emergency, I just asked you to hurry up. There's big difference."

"Okay, whatever you say."

"Would you have a seat?" I invited her and we both sat on the couch, close to each other.

"I thought it's something urgent, Maura. And I told my parents I am staying with you tonight because I thought you needed me."

"It is. And I do," I pointed out.

"And what's the urgent thingy then?" Jane asked, seeming very content probably because she was being sarcastic, judging by her tone.

"Umm..." She raised her brow, expecting an answer. And I didn't know how to begin. "Jane.... Let's..."

"Boy, you seem nervous," she noted.

"Let's... umm..."

"Just spill the beans, Maura." She urged me so I just said it as fast as I could, and straight to the point.

"Let's have sex."

At the first moment, she looked quite confused. Then she looked at me, probably to make sure I wasn't joking.

"Have you lost your mind!?"

"No."

"Do you have high temperature? Are you sick?" She reached out to touch my forehead, which was ridiculous because I was just fine and it was obvious.

"I am serious, Jane."

"Have you been drinking, Maura?"

"No, Jane. I am sober and I am deadly serious."

"I don't believe it. I say, let's have you checked first." She joked nervously and looked at me questionably.

"Let's make a pact, Jane. It would be a secret pact to have sex before going in college. We won't tell anyone about it. No one would know. I don't want to be virgin in college, Jane! Come on... Please?"