Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Jane's pov

I woke up feeling very warm. I felt not just the bedsheet spread over my body, but someone else's body next to mine and it took me a few seconds to remember whose body was that. I opened my eyes but not fully - just to see Maura lying next to me in bed. She was looking at me, already awake. She kind of startled me because I didn't expect she would be watching me.

"Good morning," she said softly when she saw I was awake.

"G'mornin." I answered sleepily, murmuing it under my breath.

We were so close to each other, our bodies tangled that I didn't know what to do - should I pull away or stay this way - I wasn't very sure.

"Last night was crazy, right?" I tried to see whether Maura was upset for the previous night just because I couldn't had sex with her. I didn't know how she feels about it, she didn't make it obvious. In fact, she was very withdrawn the previous night and I had no idea what she thought.

"Mhm," she murmured.

And then there was a long silence. I didn't know whether I should pull away from Maura because I definitely felt good that way, and I just didn't want to do it. It felt really nice being so close to her, our warm bodies touching. I felt very relaxed around her at that moment, and still a bit sleepy. We were naked under the covers, and the sensation was really good and soothing. And I wasn't in a hurry to get up since it was Satruday.

"We can still kiss for good morning, you know." Maura said and stared at me.

We had a good morning kiss on both cheeks each time we slept together. For a good night too, but the previous night was an exception. The kiss was something like a morning routine for us whenever we had a sleepover at her place or at mine. It's not a big deal, but I had no idea what should I do after what happened the previous night so I didn't even think of it. I didn't want to upset or hurt Maura, and I didn't have a clue whether she was upset about the previous night or not. But since she asked for it, it couldn't hurt. After all, I hoped that nothing betweens us would change. Even our morning routine.

"Yeah," I nodded in agreement. I leaned closer and kissed her left cheek and then the right one. "G'mornin." I smiled at her sheepishly.

She kissed my cheeks, saying good morning after that as well.

So now we had to get up, but I didn't feel like getting up just yet. I felt so comfortable being with her, feeling her warm body next to mine so I wasn't in a big rush to pull away from Maura. Apperantly she wasn't in a rush too because she just stayed that way, looking at me.

It had happened million times before that because it wasn't the first time we slept together, but now it felt somewhat different. Maura looked different. Everything was different. It seemed that everything has changed since the previous night. Nothing was the same anymore, no matter how hard I tried to pretend.

I returned Maura's good morning kiss on both cheeks by kissing her on the the mouth - just a quick light peck on her soft lips. It was something like an instict - I didn't think about it even for a second, I just did it. Maura didn't pull away though.

"Morning." I said once again as a pretext, biting my lower lip because I was nervous how she would react to what I just did. It was spontaneous, but maybe Maura would mind it – I didn't know for sure.

Maura breathed out heavily, looking at me. Her eyes darkened with desire and it didn't take her too much time to think - she quickly returned my kiss with a longer one, more passionate than mine.

"Morning..." she said and breathed out after the long kiss, biting her lower lip. It seemed she enjoyed our kisses and so did I.

It felt so natural. She looked so sexy and her heavy breathing after our kissing session ignited something deep inside my belly. I felt butterflies in my stomach.

We both indulged into a long passionate kiss. It wasn't awkward anymore. Once we started, I just couldn't stop myself from kissing Maura - it was like an instinct that took over me. And now I didn't have any doubts, or million thoughts running through my mind like the previous night. I had just one - how much I wanted to continue.