Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Jane's pov

I was shocked to find out what Maura wanted from me. Where did she get that idea from?! I thought she was joking because she had some odd sense of humor sometimes when she tried to be funny. But she was seriously asking me to have sex with her. Did she even realize how crazy that sound!? It was ridiculous.

"Think about it, Jane, before you say no. We know each other very well, we trust each other, we are very close and I feel really comfortable with you." She was listing things with such enthusiasm and she looked so calm, as she was talking about an ordinary thing like cleaning the house together, and not having sex. "We don't have to worry about anything. We already have seen each other half-naked so there won't be any surprises. And it would be a perfect way to say goodbye before leaving for college. What would you say?"

"How about a simple wave for goodbye? Or... Or one last kiss would suffice too. And what happened to the good old hug!?"

"It's perfect, Jane. My parents are at work right now so we have plenty of time ahead of us."

"What? You want to have sex now?"

It was getting more and more ridiculous.

"And we have the house all empty just for ourselves. We wouldn't worry about getting caught."

It was like she wasn't listening to what I was saying at all. She was so determined that she simply ignored my comments and protests.

"And what about your parents? What if they come back from work and catch us?"

"They won't bother me when I am in my room, Jane."

"Lucky you! I don't have any privacy anywhere in the house. It's either Ma or one of my brothers, banging at my door. And sometimes Ma doesn't even knock."

"What? Lucky you! Your parents care so much about you. I've always wished I had a close family like yours."

"Well, you can take them, if you want. But be carfeul what you wish for."

"So what would you say about my proposition, Jane? You won't get away by distracting me."

"A proposition? Interesting choice of words," I said, avoiding the question.

"Do you accept?"

"No, Maura."

"There won't be any pressure. I won't be a virgin so they won't laugh at me anymore."

"That's not a reason to have sex, Maura. You should know that."

I was trying to make her see that what she was asking me was totally wrong, like, on so many levels.

"So you don't want me?" Her face saddened suddenly. She was about to cry, I could see that. She looked like a lost puppy, looking at me with those eyes filled with sadness and swallowed tears. I just hated seeing her that way.

"Okay..."

I agreed half-heartedly. I had no idea what I was doing. And why did I agree at all. I just hated seeing her suffer like that. And I wanted to make her feel better. I think these were not the right reasons for having sex with her, but what did I know after all. Maura just saw things differently than me. I could understand that. For her, apperantly, sex is just something to scratch off your list before going to college, not a big deal. She was logical and very rational person. If she really felt that way towards sex, why would she want to wait for the right person? It was logical, for sure, I couldn't beat that. But it wasn't my point of view... But I agreed anyway.