Chapter 2: Lucy Heartfilia

~EDITED~

3rd POV:

There was a woman with blonde hair up in a high bun wearing an elegant pink dress, on a walk around her estate. She was walking by the river when she saw a brown-haired girl with cat ears and a tail laying unconscious on the river bank. The woman had ran up to the unconscious neko, shaking her awake gently, but when she wouldn't wake up she checked for a pulse, yet none was to be found. The woman panicked and did the first thing that came to mind. She pressed her lips against the neko's and gave her chest compressions, in hope of starting to breathe again.The neko stored, coughing out tons of water as her ears and tail vanished and her hair turned blonde - like the woman's.

The woman was suprised to say the least, as she never saw anything like what she just saw before her own eyes.

"W-Where am I? W-who are you? W-who am I, for that matter?" The young girl, previously neko asked. The woman didn't know what to say, so she just introduced herself. "Hello my name is Layla Heartfilia, and you are... My daughter... Lucy Heartfilia, and you are at the Heartfilia estate river bank. You must've gotten lost while you were playing outside and had fallen in the river, causing you to lose your memories, child." The woman then explained.

"O-ok!" The neko responded.

"How about we go inside for dinner and get you all warmed up and put to bed?" Layla took her 'daughter' inside the estate and explained things to her husband Jude that night, and he agreed to taking the child in as their own.

~Time skip 13 years later~

Lucy's POV:

Hello, my name is Lucy Heartfilia! I am 17 years old, and am a Celestial mage. I ran away from home to join my dream guild Fairy Tail after I got fed up with my father's abuse. You know what else, I found out that I'm not even his child, the Heartfilias adopted me after finding me laying by their river bank all those years ago.

I was now standing in front of the doors of my dream guild with my new spirit friend Plue by my side. I picked Plue up into my arms about ready to open the doors when someone else opened the doors from the inside, slamming them in my face. "HEY WHATS THE BIG DEAL?! THAT HURT!!" I yelled, rubbing my face. I looked up to see a guy with bright pink spiky hair and a blue flying cat standing in front of me. The pink-haired guy reached his hand out to me, apologizing, while saying he was in a rush and didn't know I was there.

"It's alright! My name is Lucy! What's your name?" I asked.

He introduced himself as Natsu Dragneel, and the flying cat as Happy. When I looked at Happy, I automatically pulled him into my arms, fawning over how cute he was and not letting go of him. "AWWWWWWWWWWWW HE'S SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!"

After realizing what I was doing, I let go of Happy and apologized to him for strangling him. "Sorry Happy, I don't know why, but I've always just had this weird cat-crazed obsession." I said, truthfully.

He said it was alright and hoped to see me again as he and Natsu ran off to wherever they were going. I waved goodbye to them and headed inside the guild. I went up to the bar and introduced myself again.

"Hello my name is Lucy and I would like to join this guild!" The white-haired barmaid turned towards me smiling and replied, "Hello, Lucy my name is Mirajane Strauss, but you may call me Mira. Come this way - I'll take you up to the master's office." She motioned with her hand, leading the way.