Chapter 9: 7 years passed return of the tenrou team

~Edited~

Recap:

The entire guild was at the docks, bidding our farewells and good-lucks to our guildmates. I gave Erza a big hug, as she was worrying about me. "I'll be fine Erz, remember I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself, now hurry up before they leave you behind." I giggled. We gave each other one last hug before she got on the boat. I faced Master, who handed me a guidebook. "I promise you Master that everything will be just how you left it when you all return!" He gave me a thankful smile and a grateful hug, which I returned, before getting on the boat. "Farewell minna, and good luck with the exams!" The guild and I exclaimed. "Alright back to the guild minna, shows over!" I said. Once I was back at the guild, I headed to Master's office to see stacks of paperwork on the desk. "Well, running the guild in Master's absence is a big responsibility... I guess I can start with the paperwork." I sighed.

A couple hours had passed and I was done. I went down on the railing to get the guild's attention. "Listen up Minna, I have an anouncement to make! As you all know, Master has left me in charge while he's away with our comrades. If anyone destroys anything while out on jobs you are to stay over time and help fix it without asking for an extra pay in return, and if you do not and I recieve paperwork from the council for it, you will then be punished to do the loads of paperwork from your damage yourself. Am I clear?"

"Yes, Ma'am!" The guild shouted.

From that point onwards, I had recieved nothing but good news from the clients' reports. It had now been half a day, and Gildarts, Freed and Bickslow had returned from the island. I had updated them on how things have been going here and told them not to distrupt the order.

Of course... they went and did the exact opposite. "Gildarts Clive! Office now!"

"Gildarts, I told you guys not to distrupt the order and you go and do the exact opposite! I want you to fix what you destroyed without using magic, and you will not be going on any jobs for a week!" I exclaimed. He rushed out of the office with the word I gave him and got to work. A couple hours later, I was awoken from my cat nap when I heard glass shatter down on the first floor. I rushed down there to see Kinanna in a state of shock. I helped her clean up the broken glass and asked her what was wrong. She said that she saw the red signal flare coming from the direction of Fairy Tail's holy grounds.

"Gildarts, Freed and Bickslow, I want you three to go back to Tenrou island right now and help them defeat this foe that has trespassed on our holy grounds!" I exclaimed.

"Yes Ma'am!" They saluted, and they were on their way.

"Rest assured minna, I just sent Gildarts, Freed and Bickslow back to the island to assist our comrades! Back as you were!" I exclaimed.

Little did I know, we wouldn't see our comrades again for 7 long years, thanks to the one and only Black Dragon of the apocalypse: Acnologia...

Now:

Lucy's POV:

It had been 7 years since that fateful day that changed everything, I was now 24 years old and was the master of the guild. 7 years ago, we got word that Tenrou island vanished off the face of Earthland, and there were no traces of any of our comrades. The guild was devasted from the news, but out of everyone I was the worst. I couldn't show that to them though, I had to be strong and keep the guild together. It was thanks to me that we hadn't lost anymore of our family.

The guild was just like how it was before we got word, but the members weren't as cheerful as they once were. People still went on jobs and stayed overtime to fix what they broke - just like I told them to. A lot of the members in the guild had given up hope that our comrades could still be alive out there, but Romeo and I had not.