Chapter 15: Lucy's Awakening after a year long Coma/ Natsu's feelings.

~Edited~

A/N: Hello, FairyTail_Fan_Nerd back with the last chapter. After this chapter is the epilogue! Thank you all for staying around for this long, it means a lot to me!

Note: In the series the GMG's, Tartaros and the Fairy Tail guild's Disbandment all happend in the year X791, but for this I am going to be moving Fairy Tail's Disbandment to the year X792.

Recap:

Everyone was shellshocked, but suddenly snapped out of it by the sound of Natsu's voice. "Minna! Come quick! They must have used some kind of spell to kill the dragons and destroy the gate!" Natsu shouted as everyone made their way over. Looking around, he couldn't find the girls anywhere in sight. "Hey, where is Lucy and the others?" Natsu asked with a quivering tone, sniffing the air. He turned to where the debris of the gate was, going near it to get a better scent. He hoped he was wrong, but he was not. He started digging in panic, tears welling in his eyes. "All three of them are under here! Help me get them out!" Natsu called, causing Erza, Kagura and Arcadious to run over. Once they got them out, they took them to the royal infirmary. The king told them about the spell they used and that it would leave them in a coma for a few days. Everyone was very worried, but Natsu was the most. He never left Lucy’s side.

The king then answered all their questions about how Hisui was a neko, and explained that himself and Hisui were the royal nekos of Fiore and that they kept it a secret because they wanted it to remain as a children’s story. He also explained that the twins were his nieces and Hisui's cousins which was also part of the secret but the girls, besides Hisui, did not know.

"I would like to thank my nieces for helping my daughter kill the dragons so I will officially be crowning them honorary princesses of Fiore when they awaken, as for the rest of you there will be a royal banquet held for everyone to enjoy!" Everyone cheered and headed back to their hotels, all except for Natsu, who stayed with Lucy, holding her hand and reassuring himself that she was still alive.

Now:

3rd POV:

It had been a year since the GMG's and the fight against the dragons. A lot had changed and so much had happened over the year. The guilds had just fought an immense battle against Tartarus - a guild of demons from the books of Zeref. During the battle, the Celestial King came to stop Mard Gear and to free the Fairy Tail guild members from their prison. Thanks to the dragons that came out from inside the dragon slayers’ bodies, they were able to defeat Tartarus and destroy all the Faces across the continent and save their world from being completely rid of magic. Natsu had lost his father - Igneel the fire dragon king - who faced Acnologia the dragon of the Apocalypse and was killed by it. 

Natsu, who was still back at the castle, never leaving Lucy's side was already terrified from the thought of her never waking up and was in complete shock when his father suddenly appeared from in his body. Igneel informed his son of where he had been since the day he and the other dragons vanished in the year X777 and why. Igneel was very proud of how his son had grown and had even found his mate (which, in response, Natsu’s face had surprisingly turned the colour of his salmon-pink hair). 

When Igneel asked if Natsu was coming with him to join the fight, he was suprised that his son declined as Natsu never turned down a fight, however the dragon understood why. Natsu did not want to leave his mate's side. Igneel had left his son with his mate and joined the fight deciding the world's fate, but after Acnologia killed Igneel, his spirit went to his son telling him that he may not be there in body with him, but he would always be in his heart watching over him. With that, Natsu couldn't help but cry he had just reunited with his father after all these years only to lose him all over again, but he reminded himself that he had to be strong for Igneel, Lucy and himself.