Part 6

I woke up the next morning squished against J. I yawned and stretched carefully since J and Harley were both still asleep. I took stock of how I felt and wrinkled my nose. I didn't get to clean up last night before I fell asleep. I could feel the sweat and stickiness clinging to my body making me decide to shower now before either of my bed mates woke up.

I left the door open a crack so if J woke up he would know where I was and hopefully not freak out. I padded over to the shower and turned on the powerful spray. I nearly moaned when I felt the hot water hit my muscles. I stood under the spray for a minute with my eyes closed, just thinking. The Joker was not the man I thought he was. He was still what people said about him. He was ruthless, a criminal, and a touch crazy. However, he also seemed caring and genuinely concerned about mine and Harley's well being. Not that he'd ever show that. He was the Joker and had an image to maintain. I sighed as I began washing away the sweat and bodily fluids from last night. After I was done I savored the hot water a little longer before I got out.

I wrapped a towel around myself and walked out of the bathroom to see Harley and J still asleep. They had gravitated towards each other in my absence and were spooning with J's arms wrapped around Harley's mid-section. I smiled almost wanting to take a picture of it, but I knew I couldn't. No evidence of weakness meant that the weakness couldn't be exploited. My smile dimmed at that. I turned away and walked into the closet. I grabbed a simple pair of black leggings and an over sized off the shoulder t-shirt with an elaborate skull design on the front. I grabbed some socks and exited the closet. Still asleep. God those two could sleep forever. I looked at the clock and was surprised to find I was the one up unusually early. It was barely seven in the morning.

I shrugged and looked around till my eyes landed on a bookshelf. I ambled over to it and searched the titles before picking a murder mystery I had never read. I settled myself in the armchair and began reading. I was so immersed in the book I almost missed J waking up. I looked up from my book when I heard him groan. I carefully marked my page and set the book aside. A sharp inhale of breath told me he had realized I wasn't in bed.

"I'm over here Daddy," I called softly.

His head popped up and I had to stifle a laugh at his ridiculous bedhead. His hair was standing in all different directions. He looked around till be spotted me sitting in the armchair. I smiled and held up the book I had been reading.

"I woke up early so I showered and found something to occupy myself till you two woke up. I didn't want to bother you."

His forehead creased as he looked at me,

"How long have you been awake?" he asked his voice rough.

I checked the clock seeing that it was almost nine in the morning,

"I'd say about three hours," I said shrugging.

He looked at me for a moment before whacking Harley with a pillow,

"Wake up! Blaire has apparently been up for hours so now I feel bad! So get up!" he demanded, whacking her again for emphasis.

I giggled as Harley groaned and rolled over so she could look at the clock. Then she turned to me and scowled,

"It's only nine AM Blaire! How could you be up for hours?"

I shrugged again and repeated,

"I don't know, I just woke up early."

Harley dramatically flopped on the bed but huffed.

"Fine, I'll get up but only because you have the fingers of a goddess Blaire."

I busted out laughing,

"Thanks Harls, I'm glad you appreciate my technique."

Winking at me she slid out of bed and stretched. She turned to J and spoke,