Part 11

Hey guys! Sorry this chapter took so long to come out. I really struggled writing this chapter because it brought up some hard feelings for me. So I wanted to take the time to write it well and not just give you guys a poorly written chapter.  Hope you like it!

The ride back to the warehouse was silent. I stayed snuggled in J's lap the whole way, my face buried in Chocolate. J had nudged him into my arms about five minutes after we had started driving again. I finally heard the garage door open and I suppressed a shiver. I didn't want to talk about this. At all. I had put myself in this mess though, so I had to deal with the consequences.

J got out of the car, taking me with him. He quickly adjusted me and strode towards the elevator. My laid my forehead on his shoulder in defeat, tears silently streaming down my cheeks. Fuck I was crying too much right now but my emotions felt like a volcano rumbling just under the surface. I felt like I was losing it. As we got out of the elevator, J suddenly came to a halt and stared down at me for a minute. I peaked up at him and I watched his eyes soften with sadness.

"Oh princess," he sighed. 

He kissed my head before turning to  Frost, talking to him quietly. I caught a couple words but I didn't care enough to fully listen. I think they were talking about Harley. Oh god, Harley. I hadn't even thought about how she would feel. A strangled sob escaped my throat which had J hurrying towards his room. Soon he had made it inside and shut the doors behind him. He just stood there for a moment with me in his arms before he walked towards the bathroom. He set me down on the counter and silently began wiping my makeup off. I just sat there. I didn't know what else to do. I let myself zone out, just clutching Chocolate. I came back to reality when I felt J try to pull Chocolate out of my grip. I whimpered and tried to keep a hold on him. I didn't want to let him go, he was mine!

"Shh princess, I just need to get you out of these clothes. I doubt your comfy in those," he said gently.

Oh. That makes sense. Now that he mentioned it, the dress was getting itchy. I slowly released my desperate grip, letting J pull him out of my hands. I let out a whimper once he was out of my grasp so J quickly removed my outfit before pulling a giant t-shirt over my head. He quickly gave Chocolate back to me. I let out a happy noise making J smile faintly. He scooped me off the counter and walked towards the chair in the corner. He carefully sat down with me in his lap, letting silence hang in air. I fidgeted, clutching Chocolate tighter.

He seemed to be debating how to approach the situation. I think my actions had thrown both of us off. He absentmindedly ran a hand up and down my back making me let out a happy hum. He chuckled at my reaction but didn't speak yet. Finally he sighed,

"Blaire I need you to look at me."

My eyes met his ice blue ones. He seemed to be looking for something but I couldn't tell what. That was fine right now though, I didn't need to know. He seemed satisfied after a minute or two because he nodded. I took that as my cue that I could look away, so I turned my gaze back to the stuffed animal in my arms. I fiddled with his legs, just waiting for the conversation to keep going. After my meltdown in the car, I had left strangely removed from my body. I didn't seem to care anymore, like it was no longer my problem. I knew it was, objectively but my mind didn't seem to agree with that. I felt J readjust under me, bringing me back to the present.

"I think it's better if I ask you some questions princess to start, okay?" he said.

"M'kay" I replied, not looking up.

"Do you like Daddy taking care of you? Even when I have to enforce the rules?"

"Yes" I answered immediately, "like that you care enough to make sure I'm happy."