Part 13

Frost immediately brought his phone to his ear and started barking orders to I assumed the other men. Knowing backup was coming I looked down at the man and studied him more closely. He looked innocuous, like someone you'd pass on the street. It probably helped him blend in better during investigation missions. He was currently sweating from the pain caused by all the stab wounds I had inflicted. I looked up when I heard footsteps racing towards the bedroom. After a few seconds, Harley burst through the door. Her eyes searched the room till they landed on me.

"Blaire!" she cried when she saw me.

She quickly crossed the room and took in my appearance. Her eyes quickly scanned my body looking for any sign of injury. I smiled slightly,

"I'm okay Harley, he didn't hurt me."

Just then, several of the men came through the door. They all bee-lined over to where I had the man pinned to the ground. I took my foot off his chest and stepped back. They quickly flipped him over, ignoring his yells of pain. They cuffed his hands behind his back and tied his feet together. He looked like an animal tied up for slaughter.

As soon as I had stepped away from my attacker, Harley had me in an iron grip. She held me tightly to her, with no sign of letting go. She didn't have to say anything; I knew this was her way of saying she had missed me and had been worried. Her show of love made me feel overwhelmed. I had missed her and was scared how she would react to me once I saw her again after I went out like that. I felt a few tears fall from my eyes. I didn't reach up to wipe them, I just wanted to soak in Harley's love.

"I heard the screams coming from down here and I was so worried you had been hurt," I heard her say.

Her voice was muffled since she had buried her head in my shoulder. I shuffled myself so I could squeeze her back. I gripped her as tightly as she was gripping me. I wanted her to know that I was okay. Frost had the men move the intruder to the center of the floor at the end of the bed. Two men stood on either side of him, with Frost standing in front of him. We were all quiet for a few minutes till J's footsteps could be heard running towards the room.

Soon after, he ran into the room. He came to a stop and took in my attacker surrounded by the men, bound on the floor. His eyes quickly traveled around the room till they landed on Harley and me. He must have seen the bloodstains on the floor by me as he practically flew over to where we were standing. Harley quickly released me, knowing J would want to look me over. As soon as he was in front of us I started talking hoping to ease his worries. As he began looking for injuries that could have caused that amount of blood loss, I gently grabbed his face. Forcing him to look me in the eyes, I softly spoke,

"I'm okay Daddy, it's not my blood. I'm okay, he didn't touch me. I'm okay." I kept repeating.

He seemed to finally hear my words because he brought me into a fierce hug. He kissed the top of my head in between muttered words to himself. After a few minutes he shot a deathly glare towards the man.

"Get him out of my sight," he snarled. "I want him tied in an interrogation room, ready for me."

The men hurried to comply with his request and soon the man was being hauled off. You could hear his screams fading down the hall as he struggled against his binds. Once we could no longer hear him, J turned his attention back to Harley and me. He motioned for us to sit on the bed. We quickly situated ourselves so that I was in the middle of Harley and J. It warmed my heart to see how much they cared about me.

"Okay princess, tell me what happened," J said.

I nodded and began recounting what had happened,

"I was sitting in bed reading a book when I heard the door unlock. I knew it wasn't you Daddy since you had just recently been here. I thought it could be Frost but I felt uneasy so I got off the bed to stand in front of the night stand. Once I saw it was someone I didn't know I grabbed the knife you have hidden. He told me you had needed something but once I caught him in his lie, he tried to attack me. He didn't get any hits in before I stabbed him and pinned him to the ground. He wouldn't say anything to me and just kept yelling till Frost came."